Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

Is it safe to say now that any non Marvel new comic book movie franchise is doomed?

The last one was Green Lantern so, I don't see any other new comic book franchises (I may be wrong). Unless you're refering to MOS which is kinda dumb considering it made more than all SH movies this year.

• Like 1

Guardians will never break out like The Avengers, they said Too obscure and geek-focused, they said.

LOL At this point, it's clear that Marvel is indeed the new Pixar...they release well-reviewed box office hit after hit after hit. I think it's about time they put their fears aside and release a solo female movie already. If Lucy's opening couldn't convince them that audiences are ready for ScarJo in an action lead, GOTG's smashing should assure that the MARVEL BRAND is a potent draw.
  • Like 7

The last one was Green Lantern so, I don't see any other new comic book franchises (I may be wrong). Unless you're refering to MOS which is kinda dumb considering it made more than all SH movies this year.

Well MOS is superman and that character isn't new at all to the big screen.

i give up. Marvel comics rules the world. What a disgrace that number is. Cannot believe that many people like to see this piece of crap looking movie

It's the perfect summer blockbuster. It has visuals, comedy, action, heart and great chemistry between the cast. Groot was fucking amazing. If you actually see it you're going to fall in love with it especially since you would get most of the 80's references in the movie. ;):D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 3

he said "new" Superman isn't new. (Still don't agree though. I feel any comic-book franchise that is good and is marketed well can be successful)  

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

Exactly my point. What other new comic book franchises are doomed? There aren't any.

The ones DC are planning such as the WW, Shazam, Flash solo etc... I highly doubt those will reach the standards of any new Marvel comic book movie both box office and reviews.