Olive

Weekend Numbers: GOTG - 94M (PG 180) [25.5M Sunday (Spatula) Cancel the Godzilla legs!]

The winner this weekend is Zoe Saldana. She is an OK actress and now she finds herself in 3 blockbuster franchise: Avatar, Star Trek & Guardians of the Galaxy. Halle Berry has nothing on her.

Posted Image

Don't forget, she was also in POTC!

• Like 4

I hope he's in it for real. He's so going to kill it.

I do not want to see him be stuck in a franchise. I would be fine if he was a villain but if he is in it then he be in 4-5 Marvel movies taking up a lot of time to be in other movies. 

• Like 1

This Summer has been big a disappointment boxoffice-wise, but definitely not quality-wise. There's no film in Summer 2013 that was better than Edge of Tomorrow, Godzilla (Haters can hate), X-Men: DOFP, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and now Guardians of the Galaxy! I hope Sin City 2 will be the next one.

Edited by Godzilla likes Tom Cruise
  • Like 2

This Summer has been big a disappointment boxoffice-wise, but definitely not quality-wise. There's no film in Summer 2013 that was better than Edge of Tomorrow, Godzilla (Haters can hate), X-Men: DOFP, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and now Guardians of the Galaxy! I hope Sin City 2 will be the next one.

Tbh, I thought Man of Steel was great, but otherwise I agree.

• Like 2

I do not want to see him be stuck in a franchise. I would be fine if he was a villain but if he is in it then he be in 4-5 Marvel movies taking up a lot of time to be in other movies. 

Well he'll be playing the Sorcerer Supreme so he won't have to spend months hitting the gym and learning fight choreography so his time commitment would be less than it is for Hemsworth, Evans or even RDJ. 

• Like 1

I have really, really low expectations for Sin City. Snow Piercer was another great one though, even if it was just a limited domestic release.

• Like 1

Not the biggest Guardians fan but I'm happy to see a movie like this rake in that kind of dough. This was more anticipated than Spidey 2 and DOFP which is just nutballs considering the histories attached to these franchises. I think this is a necessary victory for Marvel. Guarentees that their future through Avengers 3 and their expansion into cosmic Marvel lore will be widely anticipated, even after RDJ is gone.

• Like 3