Neo

Gravity | Re-released on 2D and 3D January 17 | IMAX 3D on January 31! | 100M+ WW IMAX

It's going to be amusing if after a whole summer of mediocrity and disappointment (well, that's what it felt like to me) we'll get a truly great 3D sci-fi blockbuster released in... October, of all months. 

As much as I'd love to see that happen, it also got a great chance of flopping given this year's poor performance of original sci-fis.

The trailers are much more efficient than those of Elysium and Oblivion tho. The budget is only 80m so good thing this won't be having a hard time making it back.

And of cause, Best Visual Effects award pretty much locked baby!

Edited by vc2002

As much as I'd love to see that happen, it also got a great chance of flopping given this year's poor performance of original sci-fis.

The trailers are much more efficient than those of Elysium and Oblivion tho. The budget is only 80m so good thing this won't be having a hard time making it back.

And of cause, Best Visual Effects award pretty much locked baby!

Well, I was talking about quality not BO. Can't really see this flopping, though - even with a softer start it will probably have strong enough legs, and then OS will help it to turn a profit.

Really glad to hear this isn't just 85 minutes of Sandra Bullock drifting off into space saying nononononononono

Probably would have hired Shia LaBeouf if that's all the script contained.

• Like 3

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/gravity-reviews-critics-call-alfonso-cuarons-space-adventure-142026054.html

It may have been filmed in front of a green screen, but The Hollywood Reporter's Todd McCarthy said that the space sequences are so realistic that audiences will swear it was shot on location.

"At once the most realistic and beautifully choreographed film ever set in space, Gravity is a thrillingly realized survival story spiked with interludes of breath-catching tension and startling surprise," McCarthy wrote.

For Variety's Justin Chang, "Gravity" is the kind of evolutionary step forward in film that is guaranteed to inspire a sense of awe in viewers. Its achievement in the realm of visual effects and 3D puts it in the company of "Life of Pi" and "Avatar," he maintained...

==========================================================================================

I am excited at the prospect of this movie...

• Like 1

I think Cameron helped out on some technical shit so that means he wrote and directed the film.

I rarely debase myself by quoting you but for the King, I'll make an exception.

Cuaron and Cameron made a conference somewhere and Cuaron said himself Cameron kinda saved the movie because they were in a narrative dead end.

Why do you think the post production went on for so long, almost 2 years.

So yep, it is a Cuaron film but Big Jim helped a bit it seems.

Cuaron and Cameron made a conference somewhere and Cuaron said himself Cameron kinda saved the movie because they were in a narrative dead end.

So you are saying its Cuaron's vision, his film, and Cameron helped out a bit when things got tough?  Thanks for reiterating my post Futurama, we'd be lost without you.  May I subscribe to your newsletter?

Bitch please. 

• Like 1