Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

5 hours ago, Webslinger said:

If it does flop, I hope it doesn't scare studios off from hiring Ava DuVernay. Selma was great and it at least looks like she's trying to do something unique here rather than giving Disney a cookie-cutter adaptation.

Ava DuVernay definitely should get more opportunities, but this looks exactly like a cookie cutter Disney adaptation.

It has the same sheen of plastic CGI and illogical blocking of practically every Disney live action flick; Alice, BATB, Tomorrowland, Tron, etc.

Hope it bombs.

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

This should be a rather modest film for Disney. It doesn't seem to have any kind of hook.

Opening weekend will be modest, total will depend on word of mouth.

Yeah, lack of a hook in the trailers could be a problem.

But then, the Infinity War trailer lacked a hook for me and people still fawned over it....baffling.

Edited by AndyK

2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

On paper I should have every reason to stan for this, but I just can't say it looks good with a straight face. 

Have to admit the "Be a Warrior" line is just completely baffling to me.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

I mean, I sorta get it. Be a Warrior of Love, I suppose. But. Just weird that they chose THAT to be the tag line of the trailer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Warrior = Brave, steadfast in beliefs, resilient and and constantly rising after falling etc. I haven't read the book but isn't this about a girl who believes in her father and his theories when the whole world doesn't?

19 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's #8 on Fandango's year end 10 Most Anticipated Movies of the New Year list, so clearly there's some excitement:

This is a good sign. If reviews are really good or solid, I could see A Wrinkle A Time doing quite well. 

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Warrior = Brave, steadfast in beliefs, resilient and and constantly rising after falling etc. I haven't read the book but isn't this about a girl who believes in her father and his theories when the whole world doesn't?

That's one interpretation, sure.  Just don't know if it's going to be the first to leap to mind when people hear it in the trailer, is all. 

On 12/29/2017 at 5:31 PM, Porthos said:

Spoilers:

Hide contents

I mean, I sorta get it. Be a Warrior of Love, I suppose. But. Just weird that they chose THAT to be the tag line of the trailer.

It’s still a major step up from

”The only thing faster than light... IS THE DARKNESS!”

This movie looks bad, I would like to stan for Duverny but the trailers just don’t look good.  And that line is abysmal, it deserves a razzie.

Edited by New Year New Panda
  • Like 1