Fancyarcher

Disney's A Wrinkle in Time | 9th March, 2018 | Frozen's Jennifer Lee writing, Ava DuVernay directing. 45% on RT

After a discussion among the mod team, it has been decided that this thread will stay locked till tomorrow morning at which point hopefully some people will have watched the movie itself and the merits of the movie can be discussed in here.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, moah said:

Just saw Double Toasted's review of this :ohmygod::sparta:

I'm about to give it a listen; they said they weren't looking forward to it at all on their Oscars live stream when Kimmel crashed the screening, so it should be fun :hahaha: 

1 minute ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

I've heard from couple of people books is awful, absolutely uncinematic and too childish. Is it true?

Not really, at best uncinematic. but the book is good, and isn't childish. But I'm not surprised if it doesn't translate well to the big screen.

46 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Unlocked. Be civil. The mods will not hesitate to threadban, give points or suspend people.

Being civil means talk about the movie.

DO NOT talk about the politics of the reviews.  Take that elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

I think this will make with bad reviews what it would've made with good reviews. A Wrinkle of Time is both a family film (when the last one was Peter Rabbit) and a proponent of diversity (which has been proven to be profitable with Black Panther). 

Plus, the film is in the 40s on the Tomatometer; next to new releases like Gringo, Hurricane Heist, and Strangers, the film looks like it has a healthy leg up amongst the wide release crowd.

2 minutes ago, HerediTele said:

...it's not really much like Narnia at all. And I wouldn't say religious so much as spiritual. 

I know the religious undertones are there in Narnia but I never really felt I was being hit over the head with them

1 hour ago, DAR said:

I know the religious undertones are there in Narnia but I never really felt I was being hit over the head with them

I did. I thought the symbolism of the death of Aslan could not have hit you over the more.

But A Wrinkle In TIme..the movie...does look like a New Age Narnia. Which would not have pleased the the author of the book..who was a Catholic.