filmscholar

Weekend Numbers (pg119) Turtles 65M, GOTG 41.5

Is it kind of surprising that Get on Up is not doing better in its first 8 days?  Looks like it will only end up around 50 million domestically, even with good reviews.  This sucks for those who wish there were more interesting portrayals of famous African-Americans in real life and real events shown in the movies, other than really stupid crap like Ride Along, Big Momma's House 5, Tyler Perry's "Why did I make this movie?", Think Like a Man 7, Bad Boys 12, and others.  I know Guardians is popular, but still.

• Like 1

Let's be Cops wont bomb

Ninja turtles was supposed to be the big risk of the summer, it seems like that "risk" is paying off, this film sure isn't bombing. The only movie I see this month maybe losing money is the November Man, depending on the budget of course. (into the storm will make its money back because of OS #s)

The Green Inferno got pushed back, does that weekend even have any wide releases anymore? Has that ever happened recently? What's going to move there?

The Green Inferno got pushed back, does that weekend even have any wide releases anymore? Has that ever happened recently? What's going to move there?

The Green Inferno was taken off the schedule and may not be released in theaters at all. 

For more info: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/-Eli-Roth-Green-Inferno-May-Never-See-Theaters-66680.html

Let's be Cops wont bomb

Ninja turtles was supposed to be the big risk of the summer, it seems like that "risk" is paying off, this film sure isn't bombing. The only movie I see this month maybe losing money is the November Man, depending on the budget of course. (into the storm will make its money back because of OS #s)

Big risk?  :unsure:

Huge kid-friendly brand, Michael Bay, Megan Fox

• Like 6