CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

40 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think that this is going to make around $600m-$700m ww. Thanksgiving 2019 is probably the future release date.

That seems like a boldly low prediction to me.

Meanwhile, over in the Moana thread:

53 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

45 minutes ago, lmja said:

But delayed and delayed since 2014. And is almost certain that Idina Menzel is out.

35 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Where do you get that information from?

29 minutes ago, lmja said:

However we should stop chatting about Frozen in Moana thread, she could be jealous of her richest stepsisters and to escape from cinemas.

@lmja I found the appropriate thread for you to tell us where you found out that it's "almost certain" Idina Menzel won't be in Frozen 2.

• Like 4

On 11/29/2016 at 11:54 AM, cannastop said:

I think that this is going to make around $600m-$700m ww. Thanksgiving 2019 is probably the future release date.

Frozen 2 would have to be incredibly bad for this to happen, and even then this is still an extremely low estimate.  Frozen made almost 650 million in the US and Japan alone.

59 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

I find it really interesting that Imja says this has been "delayed and delayed since 2014." I mean, they didn't even announce it until 2015, right? How could they delay something that didn't officially exist before then?

Yup. It was officially announced on the eve of Cinderella (and Frozen Fever's) release in March 2015. By then, every WDAS project up till Gigantic was already in development.

Maybe Frozen 2 will be about their parents, maybe they didn't really die [emoji185]

I think they'll save that for the live-action adaption. But it will be about how they raised the daughters and how Elsa got her powers. Film will also show how the trolls raised Kristoff (his voice will be played by Bruce Willis).
  • Like 1

Frozen 2 was officially announced in March 2015.

After Iger said that Disney stocks rises over 4% in a day and so did Mattel (at that time official licensor of Frozen products). http://fortune.com/2015/03/12/disney-frozen-star-wars/

So if someone knew in advance an information like this could be ... insider trading.

• Like 2

The new Making Of documentary aired today and they confirmed F2 release date for "shortly after the Broadway Musical(2018)" We're probably looking at 2019 release date here.

They also announced Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday special (2017). 30-minute runtime, 4 new songs, old cast returning, spared no expense (c). 

Concept art

rc7cXvw.jpg

Edited by portgas
  • Like 10

If somehow Disney makes lightning strike twice (which I highly doubt) and Frozen 2's premise and storyline is novel and not hackneyed, then I suppose it could increase from the original Frozen.  Still, sequels to beloved movies and phenomenons such as Frozen can only do so much to build on the property in a positive way as almost always sequels end up destroying the lasting legacy. 

• Like 1

As expected and said, three new Disney movies in a row that failed in merchandising in the same year (Zootopia, FD and now Moana) are putting in trouble some partners of the Mouse House.
First victim is Jakks Pacific (licensor that was in highlights in past years as one of the largest recipient of Frozen's crazyness):
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13931044/1/jakks-pacific-jakk-stock-tanks-after-drastic-outlook-cut.html
If the "boy" sector has benefited from the success of Star Wars (even if the sales have been not exciting out of USA), the (more lucrative) "girl" sector is lacking of new strong ideas, and the "VIP" of the industry are screaming and crying for a new Frozen-like phenomenon.
Knowing that Disney is very clever and fast when some kind of requests coming from some kind of people ..... I can bet for a Frozen 2 somewhere in 2018.

20 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

three new Disney movies in a row that failed in merchandising in the same year (Zootopia, FD and now Moana)

Says what? (& I don't mean this in a jackass kind of way, I legit like following toy and merchandising new and haven't heard this) 

Disney doesn't really have a dedicated girl's toy franchise. Frozen is too narrow, and four years later, it's not as strong. I'm glad there's more girls stuff in the Star Wars categories though.