CJohn

Frozen II | Nov 22 2019 | 2nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019. Disney does it again! | Documentary series coming to D+ June 26

22 hours ago, Morieris said:

Says what? (& I don't mean this in a jackass kind of way, I legit like following toy and merchandising new and haven't heard this) 

Disney doesn't really have a dedicated girl's toy franchise. Frozen is too narrow, and four years later, it's not as strong. I'm glad there's more girls stuff in the Star Wars categories though.

I'm interested. Do you works in this area? I work into and I read the specialized press, the reports of the company involved and I talk with some industry guys: this is that seems to be. Maybe we are in different countries.

• Like 1

Disney doesn't really have a dedicated girl's toy franchise. Frozen is too narrow, and four years later, it's not as strong. I'm glad there's more girls stuff in the Star Wars categories though.

The Disney Princess franchise is HUGE and it's not going anywhere.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 3:59 PM, edroger3 said:

As expected and said, three new Disney movies in a row that failed in merchandising in the same year (Zootopia, FD and now Moana) are putting in trouble some partners of the Mouse House.

Then it's a problem for Disney Consumer Products, and not the films.

6 hours ago, edroger3 said:

I'm interested. Do you works in this area? I work into and I read the specialized press, the reports of the company involved and I talk with some industry guys: this is that seems to be. Maybe we are in different countries.

I don't, which is why it's kind of hard to get anything close to firm figures; Toy stuff is serious business here in America.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:21 PM, Morieris said:

Says what? (& I don't mean this in a jackass kind of way, I legit like following toy and merchandising new and haven't heard this) 

I'm not sure where you are getting this. In 2014 Frozen was #5 in merchandise for all franchises and though 10 months of 2015 it was even bigger. (According to Disney)

Frozen is as popular as it ever was.

All you have to do is go you a Disney Park or cruise to see it.

On a cruise most of the character meet & greets are open to everyone. There are 2 that you have to have tickets for. The tickets are gone well before the cruise embarks.  Meet the Princessess  (5 of them) and meet Anna and Elsa. 

BTW... Cars was #2 if anyone was wondering why another Cars movie was coming out

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cannastop said:

Then it's a problem for Disney Consumer Products, and not the films.

Do you have read that he/she wrote?

He/she said "some partners" meaning, I think, other companies out of Disney in itself. Maybe are those other factory that have made errors in marketing.

In any case for Disney, consumer products and cinematic revenues are only a small part of the business:

2rwks9j.png

A different thing is for those companies that to produce and/or sell toys and merchandise items, and you could (should) know that Disney is the number one by far in licensing market as Edroger3 said somewhere in this forum. I seem to have understood that he/she works in this area, so I think not talk nonsense.  Of course, if you also have experience in this, you can respond with facts and figures to counter his/her claims

Edited by lmja

On 12/12/2016 at 1:45 PM, portgas said:

The new Making Of documentary aired today and they confirmed F2 release date for "shortly after the Broadway Musical(2018)" We're probably looking at 2019 release date here.

They also announced Olaf's Frozen Adventure, a new holiday special (2017). 30-minute runtime, 4 new songs, old cast returning, spared no expense (c). 

Concept art

rc7cXvw.jpg

Good :)

On 19/12/2016 at 9:59 PM, edroger3 said:

As expected and said, three new Disney movies in a row that failed in merchandising in the same year (Zootopia, FD and now Moana) are putting in trouble some partners of the Mouse House.
First victim is Jakks Pacific (licensor that was in highlights in past years as one of the largest recipient of Frozen's crazyness):
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13931044/1/jakks-pacific-jakk-stock-tanks-after-drastic-outlook-cut.html
If the "boy" sector has benefited from the success of Star Wars (even if the sales have been not exciting out of USA), the (more lucrative) "girl" sector is lacking of new strong ideas, and the "VIP" of the industry are screaming and crying for a new Frozen-like phenomenon.
Knowing that Disney is very clever and fast when some kind of requests coming from some kind of people ..... I can bet for a Frozen 2 somewhere in 2018.

On 19/12/2016 at 10:21 PM, Morieris said:

IPSE DIXIT

'Moana' sails at the box office, but it could sink in the toy aisle

Another interesting facts:

Google search - news - past 24 hours (today)

Keyword "Disney Moana" = 55 found

Keyword "Disney Zootopia" = 39 found

Keyword "Disney Frozen" = 92 found

Amazon.com

Keyword "Disney Moana" = 2.209 found

Keyword "Disney Zootopia" = 18.019 found

Keyword "Disney Frozen" = 127.312 found

Edited by edroger3
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

Another interesting facts:

Google search - news - past 24 hours (today)

Keyword "Disney Moana" = 55 found

Keyword "Disney Zootopia" = 39 found

Keyword "Disney Frozen" = 92 found

Amazon.com

Keyword "Disney Moana" = 2.209 found

Keyword "Disney Zootopia" = 18.019 found

Keyword "Disney Frozen" = 127.312 found

A global phenomenon! 

• Like 1

On 07/02/2017 at 9:04 AM, edroger3 said:

"Bad" news for F2: also for this Holidays the brand reign over the toy industry, making the difference between who have it and who haven't.

Let it go? No way! Hasbro soars thanks to Frozen

It seems that they don't need of a sequel to get new fans among the littlest ones (including my 2 years old nephew).

Here in France Frozen toys and clothes are still among the most popular toys around, that's fascinating.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

Here in France Frozen toys and clothes are still among the most popular toys around, that's fascinating.

Here in Italy, sources report that it is the top toy property also in 2016, beating Barbie and Star Wars.

http://www.e-duesse.it/News/Giocattoli/Giocattolo-2016-a-5-.-Terzo-anno-consecutivo-di-crescita-213619 (news in Italian)

Maybe there isn't a connection, but this is the third year in a row with a growth in toy sales and the third year with Frozen items on the shelfs....

• Like 3