Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

9 minutes ago, boyamama said:

no receipt meaning u are a TROLL........

They’re talking about SK(reception for Shazam hasn’t been great), and even in China @Gavin Feng said reactions are average from press screenings.

All I can add to the other part of your post is use the ignore function on here, it’s great :)  

• Thanks 1

I had a chance to watch it and my only complaint is the CGI, but maybe Im nitpicking. Kids are great and Mark Strong is a compelling villain.

A solid movie overall. Too bad its release date sucks but I hope Shazam can make some $$$$ back :whosad:

Sad that this probably wont break out into a 600-700 plus hit. I guess expecting a billion was too much. Aquaman,BP and Cap marvel are more ambitious and spectacle focused plus with obviously higher budgets. 

Hope it does make atman level money at least.

1 hour ago, jking123 said:

I guess expecting a billion was too much.

Why in God's green earth would anyone reasonably think that's achievable? Let alone expect it?

Like...How? Small budget, not grand scale, in a horrible release date. Ant Man numbers would be a realistic target - but in all honesty (and I've said this since I saw it), I think that's too high at the moment, and 400 is more around where I see it. Unfortunate, as it could have done much more in a different slot, but not a tragedy, as it will still make money and develop enough fans after its theatrical window to ensure a sequel (not to mention that the character appearing in any team-ups/crossovers would be intriguing).

25 minutes ago, TMP said:

@Matthew If all you're gonna do is concern troll, maybe do it in the fanboy wars thread?

Seconded.

I don't see how releasing a trailer for a film that won't open for another six months will have any impact on Shazam's box office.

• Like 1

It had a 100 million budget. That is lower then average for a Superhero movie, though higher then "Deadpool" level.

And I suspect "The Joker" will cost even less then "Shazam".

There is no reason why a CBM has to cost 150 Million plus. I think all the studios..including Marvel, are going to look for Superhero stories that can be made on a budget smaller then what has been Standard.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It had a 100 million budget. That is lower then average for a Superhero movie, though higher then "Deadpool" level.

There is no reason why a CBM has to cost 150 Million plus. I think all the studios..including Marvel, are going to look for Superhero stories that can be made on a budget smaller then what has been Standard.

Isn't the budget closer to 90 million?

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Isn't the budget closer to 90 million?

We had conflicting reports, one said 80m and other said 100m, so it’s safe to assume it’s somewhere in the range of 80-100. 

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's still 50 minutes shorter than the other big superhero film of April

Except people would take water bottles to piss in to watch that movie if they needed. 132 minutes seems sort of long for a small scale comedic movie. Doubt it has any effect on the opening but maybe repeat business will suffer  

10 minutes ago, dudalb said:

There have always been different budgeted CBMs. Daredevil cost $78m the same year SM2 cost $200m.   X-Men 3 cost $168m the same year Elektra cost $43m, V For Vendetta cost $54m and Sin City cost $40m.

But the MCU already uses Netflix, Hulu etc and soon to be Disney+ for it's lower scale output.  Looking at their current theatrical business model they have no cause to change course especially since they have an audiences that is used to a certain level of spectacle and they're reportedly going more cosmic.

Also just b/c a budget is half or one third the budget of a larger scale film doesn't mean the releasing costs or participation points are similarly down scaled.   P&A for Deadpool2 was still $135m and participation another $60m on top of the $110m budget

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

So this was cute.

Everything works.

Had a good time.

Would recommand.

Nice appetizer.

But for the love of Yeezus, DC and Hollywood at large needs to fucking stop with the

Reveal hidden contents

Stahp It.

It needed some John Denver.