Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

16 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I think they're being tongue-in-cheek, given the whole "a superhero movie every two weeks" thing. It's a very Deadpool-esque thing to do, and to be honest, they should have done more of that.

• Haha 2

Sequel will be much bigger, we all know this. This is such a kids movie, walk ups will be huge but as have been saying, not seeing a huge 70m+ breakout in opening weekend.

GREAT films find an audience though, always.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Sequel will be much bigger, we all know this. This is such a kids movie, walk ups will be huge but as have been saying, not seeing a huge 70m+ breakout in opening weekend.

Yep. I think that it got sandwiched between events such as CM, US and EG so the audience isn't exactly rushing, but if their reaction overlaps with critical praise, it should leg it up like Spiderverse, another one that opened OK but then showed some serious muscle.

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yep. I think that it got sandwiched between events such as CM, US and EG so the audience isn't exactly rushing, but if their reaction overlaps with critical praise, it should leg it up like Spiderverse, another one that opened OK but then showed some serious muscle.

Spiderverse is a great comparison. Or maybe even Batman Begins. I just hope there are some screens left after the EG tsunami arrives.

53 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Shazam should be fine in the long run and hopefully make a nice little Worlds of DC for itself, but while the optimist in me would like to agree with your second part... eh, Paddington 2 would beg to differ.

41 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Lost in translation ?

This is getting bad reviews by french critics.

Still a bit early which means not a lot of reviews in but still ...surprising.

I mean you say that and then post no info about it 😜 

I bed its due to it being to fun and childish if so. 

Edited by Wotad

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah that would be great if did something like only 40 but had monster legs to get to 200+ DOM. Still hope it has a great opening but we shall see. 

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Lost in translation ?

This is getting bad reviews by french critics.

Still a bit early which means not a lot of reviews in but still ...surprising.

Perhaps. Rotten Tomatoes is 92% with 111 reviews.

12 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah that would be great if did something like only 40 but had monster legs to get to 200+ DOM. Still hope it has a great opening but we shall see. 

With EG 3 weeks later, long term legs are nonexistent. It would need to be  big on the opening to hit 200m 

• ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

With EG 3 weeks later, long term legs are nonexistent. It would need to be  big on the opening to hit 200m 

I get that rationale but not so sure I agree with it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:13 PM, LexJoker said:

The release date sucks so bad now. Just three weeks before EG eviscerates it. And by the end of just the second weekend, the whole world will be in the EG countdown mode.

The release date is just so bad :gold:......If this under-performs WB deserves it for choosing this date.

• ...wtf 1

The reports from overseas are not promising. The jokes are not translating well to Overseas Audience. 

Ant man was more of physical comedy so it did good Overseas. 

I am thinking WW total of 450-500M will be good scenario right now. 

:raining:

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

The reports from overseas are not promising. The jokes are not translating well to Overseas Audience. 

Ant man was more of physical comedy so it did good Overseas. 

I am thinking WW total of 450-500M will be good scenario right now. 

:raining:

By overseas do you mean countries that don’t speak English? 

Cause it got big laughs from my UK audience. 

• Like 1