Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

https://deadline.com/2019/03/shazam-pet-sematary-projected-box-office-opening-1202575628/ 

New Line’s Shazamwe hear is set to fly to a $40M-$45M start when it opens on April 5, a healthy opening in the marketplace after Captain Marvel‘s $153.4M, Us‘ anticipated $40M+ start next Friday and Disney’s Dumbo on March 28 which has a wild range from $58M to $75M (from some studio analysts). 

Early previews have sparked plenty of positive convo on social and Warner Bros. as we announced yesterday is holding paid previews via Fandango on March 23. If the movie wasn’t good, believe me, the studio wouldn’t be holding paid previews. Shazam!, though it cost $100M before P&A reportedly, is not Aquaman, so the industry should go easy on expectations here for this DC superhero. In unaided awareness, the demo that studios typically buy TV ads off of, Shazam! is even at 21 in men under and over 25; females under 25 are at 17, which isn’t shabby.

75Million for Dumbo ??

Shazam is an unknown superhero at best but i dont think anyone's kid knows about Dumbo

Edited by NamakFiskKa
  • Disbelief 2

56 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

So Aquaman could have made 2 billion you're saying?  

More like many we're predicting under 800 million for Aquaman and it shattered expectations because it was awesome and because China frickin loved it.

Shazam still has plenty of time to build hype as it can know market without need of worry of having it’s spotlight stolen. The trailers get good response and the previews will help buzz. No need to panic.

52 minutes ago, boyamama said:

they always overestimate DISNEY....

Apart from a few misfires like Solo and Poppins, they tend to more or less on the same level. I think Dumbo has a good chance to breakout mainly due to a barren family field. I have it, US and Shazam around $70M-$80M OW

First 24 hours. Fandango got all the Early Access showings so obviously the number is much larger than normal presales.

Fandango Sales Past 24 Hours
Since: 2019-03-13 12:00:00 (US/Central - Chicago)

RANK	PERCENT	TICKETS	MOVIE
1	39.472%	26600	Captain Marvel (2019)
2	22.667%	15275	Fandango Early Access Shazam!
3	07.299%	4919	Captain Marvel
4	04.195%	2827	How to Train Your Dragon The Hidden World
5	03.469%	2338	Wonder Park
6	03.363%	2266	Five Feet Apart
7	02.416%	1628	Us (2019)
8	02.060%	1388	Tyler Perrys A Madea Family Funeral
9	01.833%	1235	Shazam!
10	01.178%	794	The Lego Movie 2 The Second Part
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

Budget is 80 million it says in the article. Hopefully tracking can go up a bit before opening weekend. I was hoping for 55-60 but we’ll see I guess

I think that we will be seeing a lot more CBM's with comparatively modest budgets. I both Disney and Warners  want to get away from having 150 Millon plus on every CBM.