Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

On 2018/2/9 at 2:04 AM, Mojoguy said:

I meant no one was expecting them to do a Shazam movie in the first place.

I doubt anyone was expecting them to announce a Suicide Squad after BvS either.

WB is clearly the announce stuff out of left field CBM studio right behind Sony's Spidey Verse films.

Shazam is first DC film from New Line Production.If I don't get it wrong,it's from Black Adam The Rock starring at first.Back in Late 2013 or Early 2014,they announce this project.It's the same time they announce BvS. Shazam is very stand alone from the very beginning.Four years later,other projects may not work out very well.Shazam is still in original release April 2019.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

Edited by KeepItU25071906

“WB have already decided yes. Actually if someone had managed to snap a shot of the suit last week when we were shooting outside they would have released an official pic right away. Since we got away with it they want to do more of an official thing. And it’s right around the corner...”

Edited by cax16
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just looked into the director and saw he's also a horror guy like Wan. Kind of odd that's the kind of directors WB is going with for the franchise going forward. 

P.S.: Please no mentions of F7 not being a horror film, I beg to differ. ;)

They are giving their most successful directors a crack at the whip when it comes to their DC properties. If you look at both Wan and Sandberg's track record for their movies on RT they have a few recent fresh movies. 

On 2/22/2018 at 3:48 AM, MovieMan89 said:

Just looked into the director and saw he's also a horror guy like Wan. Kind of odd that's the kind of directors WB is going with for the franchise going forward.

1419851948952.jpg

It worked for Sony, to produce three of the best (and most successful) Marvel movies.

And it isn't surprising to see horror directors get these jobs, since horror is pretty much the only genre left where a young director can achieve commercial success without a huge budget.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

1419851948952.jpg

It worked for Sony, to produce three of the best (and most successful) Marvel movies.

And it isn't surprising to see horror directors get these jobs, since horror is pretty much the only genre left where a young director can achieve commercial success without a huge budget.

It's not just superhero films, Wan directed Fast 7 which was a huge leap from the $20m budget of The Conjuring, Gareth Edwards went from $0.5m of Monsters to directing Godzilla which was 300 times bigger in terms of budget and scale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/02/2018 at 6:07 PM, AndyK said:

I hope they get a lot of colour into this movie, theres no reason not too.

Its been missing in a lot of the DC stuff.

Lol I hope this is a joke or you’re just trying to bait the DCEU fans.

Their last 3 films have had plenty of colour.