Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

That has got to be one of the most (if not THE most) faithful movie superhero costumes ever. And you know what? I do not find it cheesy, silly, or that "it doesn't translate." This has been said before, but it bears repeating...if this film plays its cards right, it could become a family favorite. DCEU needs to learn its lessons from Wonder Woman (and hopefully) Shazam: keep it straight, keept it sincere, and keep it truthful. No more deconstructions, angst, gloom, or profound psychological analyses...give us wide-eyed wonder and superhero films full of heroics. Who cares if stupid fanboys call it "MCU rip-offs"?? MCU is simply adhering to a formula that has worked in comic books forever.

Anyway, I cannot wait for this.

I bet a lot of people are going to be plesantly surprised by this movie.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StevenG said:

That has got to be one of the most (if not THE most) faithful movie superhero costumes ever. And you know what? I do not find it cheesy, silly, or that "it doesn't translate." This has been said before, but it bears repeating...if this film plays its cards right, it could become a family favorite. DCEU needs to learn its lessons from Wonder Woman (and hopefully) Shazam: keep it straight, keept it sincere, and keep it truthful. No more deconstructions, angst, gloom, or profound psychological analyses...give us wide-eyed wonder and superhero films full of heroics. Who cares if stupid fanboys call it "MCU rip-offs"?? MCU is simply adhering to a formula that has worked in comic books forever.

Anyway, I cannot wait for this.

I bet a lot of people are going to be plesantly surprised by this movie.

The costume is fine and it'll work in the context of the film, 

I think one thing that Shazam has going for it is that it's a wish fulfilment movie much like Big, what kid doesn't want to be a superhero and it's always was going to be a more lighted take since Shazam's alter ego is a kid. 

1 minute ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

DXyGOdCXkAApO-a.jpg

Looks like they're not going for mad scientist Sivana.

• Like 2