Neo

Shazam! | April 5, 2019 | 21st Most Profitable Film of 2019

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Wow, that costume looks great. 

I think Aquaman and Shazam could lead to a resurgence for WB/DC, kind of like Rebirth but for the movies.

Nice that Freddy Freeman has a Superman shirt, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the shot from the beginning of JL but with just Superman's voice and Billy and Freddy filming him.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Aquaman and Shazam could lead to a resurgence for WB/DC, kind of like Rebirth but for the movies.

Nice that Freddy Freeman has a Superman shirt, I wouldn't be surprised if they use the shot from the beginning of JL but with just Superman's voice and Billy and Freddy filming him.

One of the things I like about these recent films is how much they seem to be embracing the comics. Shazam looks quite good, and I think it'll be a real heroic hero. Since they're also kids, I think Superman will probably end up being one of Freddy and Billy's influences. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

The costume seems like it will be fine, but they CAN'T be serious with those fake foam Halloween muscles can they?

:hahaha:

I will never stop laughing if they actually use that in the film. 

There's probably a little padding, but pretty much everybody who has seen Levi in the suit up close has said that's pretty much all him. 

40 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The costume is fine and it'll work in the context of the film, 

I think one thing that Shazam has going for it is that it's a wish fulfilment movie much like Big, what kid doesn't want to be a superhero and it's always was going to be a more lighted take since Shazam's alter ego is a kid. 

Looks like they're not going for mad scientist Sivana.

Indeed!

I hope that this turns out to be a solid CBM and a sorely-needed triumph for the DCEU.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmfao, yeah right at pretty much being all him. Just look here and you can see his actual chest in there is about a mile away from his costume chest. And look at the arms in several of the pics, they literally look like those ridiculous foam muscles in a Halloween costume. 

costume looks awessssssome

Edited by KeepItU25071906

2 minutes ago, StevenG said:

Indeed!

I hope that this turns out to be a solid CBM and a sorely-needed triumph for the DCEU.

In 2016 BVS and SS did 655 combined dom. In 2017 JL and Wondy1 did 642 dom. Next year Shazam (300+) and Wondy2 (375+) could break that DCEU benchmark.

Spoiler

please don't point out BP :ph34r:

Just now, KeepItU25071906 said:

costume looks awessome

The costume looks good, but the padding is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a big budget superhero film. Granted, it's pretty much impossible for a person to look like the Shazam from the comics, which I already brought up, but that doesn't mean they should have compensated in such a foamy way. Lol. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

but the padding is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a big budget superhero film. 

Hm, I really don't care about this. Costume looks good, Zachary in costume looks good. And this looks good WITHOUT ANY POST-PRODUCTION STUFF.

Of course, this is not Batman, Panther or Superman level, but much better than all we waited for.

Honestly, I was worried after first shitty pics, but know I feel relief.

• Like 2

You guys do realize that that is just the physical costume, aka without any CGI. I mean, do you know how stupid RDJ looks on set as Iron Man? Or even Chadwick in the Black Panther suit? Relax, you're not going to see obvious foam muscles on screen. Seriously lol here.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

You guys do realize that that is just the physical costume, aka without any CGI. I mean, do you know how stupid RDJ looks on set as Iron Man? Or even Chadwick in the Black Panther suit? Relax, you're not going to see obvious foam muscles on screen. Seriously lol here.

true

DXDxWmEWsAEfdgW.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

In 2016 BVS and SS did 655 combined dom. In 2017 JL and Wondy1 did 642 dom. Next year Shazam (300+) and Wondy2 (375+) could break that DCEU benchmark.

Hide contents

please don't point out BP :ph34r:

I meant all-around, unqualified triumph (financially, critically, and in terms of audience appeal and word of mouth, like only Wonder Woman has been so far).

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The costume looks good, but the padding is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a big budget superhero film. 

Superhero films are full of stupid, ridiculous things. I would point out at least three things from CBMs that are even more "ridiculous" than the unenhanced-by-CGI, padded muscles in crappy on set pics of Shazam, but I would probably be accused of fanboy wars or something.

22 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure what your point, $640M is also what Civil War and Doctor Strange did in 2016, and  Ultron + Ant-Man did in 2015. It is a high average for a franchise.

Also spoiler: a teen/kids movie made relatively cheaply is not aiming for $300M+.