eXtacy

Weekend Estimates: GotG 17.6m | TMNT 16.8m | If I Stay 16.4m | WGST 9.0m | Sin City 6.5m

Well, you wouldn't be able to say only one person came until about 15 minutes after the start time. So that would mean waiting until he gets his snacks, seats, and starts watching it.It's all automated anyway. It would be way too time consuming to go check each theater to see if nobody showed up.I did have a couple come one time to see a movie on a weeknight and they were like 30 minutes late. They asked if I could start it over and since it was the last show of the day, I did.

You guys don't check your theaters? My entire district requires that. It is a glorious feeling walking into an empty theater and realizing that I don't have to check it again.

I don't think even the internet thought it was a beloved classic. Now, Kick-Ass, that movie was hailed as an instant classic by the fanboy community. Sin City was a completely different style of film 9 years ago, in the interim a lot of movies have copied the style and made it look less special now.

Hey, now I love Kick Ass! But Sin City, the first one I thought was stupid. I want to see this one, but it's not because it's Sin City, but because there are a couple of actors in it I like, but, with this kind of Box Office in it's first week, it'll be at Red Box in no time.

SC22/WTGS yeah around 3.6 at this stage ,IIS earlier was going with high 6, 7 would need really strong eve which could happen, GOTG 4.6 yep, TMNT about 4.1

Sort of surprising GOTG would increase more than TMNT after being 20% lower last Fri.

Did Nikki Finke give up on her new site? 

Is Nikkifinke.com shutting down?http://www.buzzfeed.com/kateaurthur/has-nikki-finke-given-up-her-site-will-anyone-notice#9moiik 

Has Nikki Finke folded? According to three sources, the Hollywood writer/editor/entrepreneur/irritant will shut down nikkifinke.com, acquiescing to the demands of her former employer, Penske Media Corporation. Or at least she won't be writing for it anymore, which is seemingly already the case — her last update to the site was on Aug. 11, the day that Robin Williams died.Finke would not comment.Finke launched the eponymous site in June despite PMC's claim that doing so would violate a non-compete clause in her contract with them. The legal spat was the latest development in Finke's operatic feud with Jay Penske, the founder and CEO of PMC, against whom she had publicly railed for months to let her out of her contract at Deadline, her successful entertainment trade site that Penske bought in 2009.With Finke as its sole writer, nikkifinke.com has struggled to break through. In the two months of its existence — an unfairly short period for any nascent news site to be judged by — she hasn't broken any major stories, though she has gotten traction with her patented weekly box office, as well as a few (equally patented) vitriolic screeds purporting to reveal behind-the-scenes intrigue among flailing executives. But nothing huge yet. The site has not yet hit the minimum threshold to be measured by comScore, which means it probably had fewer than 50,000 unique visitors for the month of July, its only full month of existence.

Hey, now I love Kick Ass! But Sin City, the first one I thought was stupid. I want to see this one, but it's not because it's Sin City, but because there are a couple of actors in it I like, but, with this kind of Box Office in it's first week, it'll be at Red Box in no time.

I love retconning history. Now, I'm hearing all over the internets the original was bad, when at the time it came out, it was almost universally hailed as "fresh" and "groundbreaking".

• Like 9

If it's shutting down due to being a failure that's one thing, but to have to shut down because her former employer wants it shut down is BS, IMO.

If it's shutting down due to being a failure that's one thing, but to have to shut down because her former employer wants it shut down is BS, IMO.

It was part of her contract, apparently.... which she knew about when she left. So it wouldn't be surprising at all.

• Like 4

Sort of surprising GOTG would increase more than TMNT after being 20% lower last Fri.

Doubt it will be that much more than Turtles....Turtles is always under estimated.  

I love retconning history. Now, I'm hearing all over the internets the original was bad, when at the time it came out, it was almost universally hailed as "fresh" and "groundbreaking".

Exactly.

In all fairness, though, there's probably a huge portion of the user base on this site that wasn't active online back then.

I liked the original Sin City. It was pretty nifty. The only thing about it that I really didn't like was Madsen. He was awful in it, which was a shame as I usually like his work.

• Like 1

I liked 2 out of the 3 stories in the first Sin City (and also the story of the Salesman). The one with Benicio Del Toro and Clive Owen is the one that felt most like a miss and could have been eliminated. "A dame to kill for" would have actually fit in well instead of that story.

1). Guardians of the Galaxy (DIS), 3,371 theaters (-326) / $4.7M to $4.9M Fri. / 3-day cume: $17.2M to $17.6M / Total cume: $252M / Wk 4

2/3). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PAR), 3,864 theaters (-116) / $4.3M to $4.5M Friday / 3-day est. cume: $15.2M to $16.2M / Total est. cume: $145M / Wk 3

If I Stay (WB), 2,907 theaters / $6.3M to $6.7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $15.5M to $16.5M / Wk 1

http://deadline.com/2014/08/box-office-friday-if-i-stay-to-take-no-1-sin-city-2-tanking-in-dog-days-of-summer-823607/

Edited by Ent
  • Like 9

If GOTG hits 295m, watch Disney not give a shit and not push it to 300m. Just look at how they are dealing with TWS and the 260m milestone.

Disney only cares about their darling animated movies hitting certain milestones these days. :ph34r:

Tangled was just a few K away from 200M and Frozen managed to reach 400M without any Puerto Rico-ing (though the Sing-A-Long release did help, the premature DVD/Blu-Ray release killed the late legs). Not like a full 5M fudge like the way you are suggesting for GotG or 260M for WS, which isn't a milestone in the slightest.

• Like 1

Box Office Friday: ‘If I Stay’ Sinks, ‘Sin City 2′ Bombs, ‘Game’ Scrambles As ‘Guardians’ Steps Up To No. 1

1). Guardians of the Galaxy (DIS), 3,371 theaters (-326) / $4.7M to $4.9M Fri. / 3-day cume: $17.2M to $17.6M / Total cume: $252M / Wk 4

2/3). Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (PAR), 3,864 theaters (-116) / $4.3M to $4.5M Friday / 3-day est. cume: $15.2M to $16.2M / Total est. cume: $145M / Wk 3

If I Stay (WB), 2,907 theaters / $6.3M to $6.7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $15.5M to $16.5M / Wk 1

http://deadline.com/2014/08/box-office-friday-if-i-stay-to-take-no-1-sin-city-2-tanking-in-dog-days-of-summer-823607/

Edited by Ent
  • Like 2