Olive

Weekend Numbers (4 day estimates pg 35)

Because this summer hasn't seen a failure as LOL-worthy as Sin City's.

No seriously, for as dull as this summer has been there hasn't been any real bombs (at least Expendables 3 has an excuse).

Edge of Tomorrow is somewhat a bomb (not to that degree).

Jersey Boys too kind of flopped.

Edited by k1stpierre

Happened a lot in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.

Only in 2010, not those other years.

Actually, looking further back, it happened in 2010, 2009, 08, 06, 05, 04, 02 etc... Only in recent years has there been a big jump.
  • Like 2

It looks like most of the holdovers are doing really well and the openers suck.

It looks like Let's be Cops is doing surprisingly well under the radar, it's already over 57m on a 17m budget. I found it to be wildly uneven, but the parts that worked were hilarious. I find Jake Johnson to be quite naturally funny and hope he lands a role in a better written comedy.

When it's all said and done they'll have made a profit of say 160-170M. It's not bad, just thought it would have been better.

In what universe do you live in? EoT will make no profit at all from its theatrical release.

I said it before but say it again, DOFP is part of an old franchise featuring the same leads.  When you are into the 7th movie, it's basicly about retaining what is left of your fanbase than attracting new consumers so late in the lifespan of your franchise....at least at home and in older overseas markets.

Edited by Ent