grim22

Baywatch | May 26 2017 | Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron, Alexandra Daddario, Priyanka Chopra | First Trailer on Page 13

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Isn't that what you pay your stars (especially in a comedy) to do (only half kidding:)?

Yes it is, I'm talking about making a prediction. Torn on how high to go

• Like 1

Just now, Alli said:

Even if it opens ok, it gonna drop like a rock next weekend. I don't think people are prepared of the WW onslaught

They're prepared. I honestly don't think there'll be much to salvage though. If this had any sort of buzz Paramount would've dropped the critic embargo by now.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Even if it opens ok, it gonna drop like a rock next weekend. I don't think people are prepared for the WW onslaught

Well yes and no. It will have a "depressed" 3-day as it's a 5-day opener. But yes, it will still probably drop 55% or so.

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

They're prepared. I honestly don't think there'll be much to salvage though. If this had any sort of buzz Paramount would've dropped the critic embargo by now.

Critics will murder it. its better to not release the reviews

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Even if it opens ok, it gonna drop like a rock next weekend. I don't think people are prepared for the WW onslaught

I don't think the drop will have much to do with WW, more than one movie can exist at a time, especially if one serves as counter-programming. It's the movies whose theaters WW will devour that are in more danger

It will probably have a biggish drop though, unless the WOM is excellent

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

I don't think the drop will have much to do with WW, more than one movie can exist at a time, especially if one serves as counter-programming. It's the movies whose theaters WW will devour that are in more danger

It will probably have a biggish drop though, unless the WOM is excellent

The Rock is charming, and if this is his best leading role like the review at the top of the thread says while being funny, then it could leave people hungry for more viewings.

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

I may see this tomorrow night. I have tickets to a screening for this and Rough Night that take place at roughly the same time. 

Choose the latter! This movie is much closer to being out in release.

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Am I the only one excited for this?  I think it looks hilarious.

It does look better than I ever expected it to and I do think there are plenty of people excited for this. Not sure what to predict for it.

Edited by Arlborn

14 minutes ago, baumer said:

Am I the only one excited for this?  I think it looks hilarious.

C'mon...you know I am.  I have OW tickets and a great date night planned:)...it's the 1st non-supers movie date night I've gotten my spouse to go to in a long time!

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Yeah, that's what I'm leaning towards too. I like to feel special seeing things early, and one day before previews all over the country isn't that special. :P 

Yeah, definitely go with Rough Night. I'm curious to hear your opinion if you aren't under a NDA embargo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Isn't that what you pay your stars (especially in a comedy) to do (only half kidding:)?

A real movie star turns crap into box office.  That's the mark of a true star.  Will Smith looking at you.

That being said...sorry, this looks amusing.  And I hear it has titties.