grim22

Weekend Estimates: Annabelle - 37.2M | Gone Girl - 38M | Equalizer - 19M | Maze Runner - 12M | Left Behind - 6.8M

I'm curious about Gone Girl's Cinemascore. It's a long, cold movie with 

no one to really root for, as both Nick and Amy are unlikable.

Then again a poor Cinemascore didn't stop Lucy from becoming a global beast. 

Aren't all Fincher movies like that ;)

Early numbers are too early. Still though $30M plus is a lock for GG, but we knew that already.

I wouldn't say it's a lock. All we know so far is that it did $1.3 million in previews.

Strong possibility though.

• Like 2

I'm debating seeing Annabelle tonight. I wish I could read mild spoilers about it. Basically I want to know if the doll does anything? Or is she just more of a prop? The previews just don't make her look scary.

• Like 1

It's an awful looking movie that looks destined to flop domestically. No way in hell is it opening even remotely close to those movies.

It was never meant for US audiences. Like more and more movies these days, it was clearly made with OS numbers in mind. I seriously doubt Universal ever expected it to do good DOM. But it'll make enough money in Europe alone to make up for that. 

As for awful looking, that's just your point of view.

• Like 1

It was never meant for US audiences. Like more and more movies these days, it was clearly made with OS numbers in mind. I seriously doubt Universal ever expected it to do good DOM. But it'll make enough money in Europe alone to make up for that. 

As for awful looking, that's just your point of view.

I am not sure if this was ever the plan, but it has been clear in the last 2 months that Universal throwed most of the marketing budget into OS markets and that they stopped caring about DOM numbers.

quick note, Ann/GG both looking atm in the 15-17 range take a closer look later

Hopefully closer to $17 million 

Gone Girl:

$17 million

$20.5 million 

$13 million 

$50.5 million OW... that would be pretty spectacular. Could go up to $55 million with a bigger Sat bump and smaller Sun drop.

Annabelle: 

$17 million 

$14 million

$8 million 

$39 million OW 

Either way, both would be a stellar start to October if the numbers really are that. The Judge, Alexander, Fury and Ouija could all do well, too. 

quick note, Ann/GG both looking atm in the 15-17 range take a closer look later

Those numbers are fantastic, I feel proud that I called these both breaking out over 30m back in August.  (although I was thinking 30s for Gone Girl, not nearly 50m jeez)

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1