CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

it almost feels weird that we have a YA franchise that got to tell its entire story

were there any others besides Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games? 

Divergent had only one movie left but the bombing of the third guaranteed it would remain unfinished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

were there any others besides Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games? 

How to train your dragon maybe ? Always planned for a trilogy and they are making the third one I think. It is more loosely base on the material too.

Maybe one day they will finish the Golden Compass....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

How to train your dragon maybe ? Always planned for a trilogy and they are making the third one I think. It is more loosely base on the material too.

Maybe one day they will finish the Golden Compass....

are we actually getting another HTTYD though?

• Like 1

If they keep a lot of the same plot points from the book, this movie is gonna be really heavy. And if they pull off these parts from the book, I think this could definitely be the best of the bunch. I also like how, this third book in particular, it feels like something completely different than the first two.

That being said, the ending sucks. Absolutely sucks, so they should change that up. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 2:47 PM, DAJK said:

If they keep a lot of the same plot points from the book, this movie is gonna be really heavy. And if they pull off these parts from the book, I think this could definitely be the best of the bunch. I also like how, this third book in particular, it feels like something completely different than the first two.

That being said, the ending sucks. Absolutely sucks, so they should change that up. 

Whats up with YA series and shitty endings?

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Dont see why. 

Just like most of persons didn’t see the second one decreasing? Fortunately, this franchise was an one hit wonder, it had a good hook, but that worked only to the first movie as the second one showed, if franchises that actually had a fan base like THG and Divergente decreased (a lot) in their “final” movies, I see no reason to this escape from this trend, especially now that the YA dystopias are dead and buried to casual audiences.

This is going below $60m, mark my words.

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Just like most of persons didn’t see the second one decreasing? Fortunately, this franchise was an one hit wonder, it had a good hook, but that worked only to the first movie as the second one showed, if franchises that actually had a fan base like THG and Divergente decreased (a lot) in their “final” movies, I see no reason to this escape from this trend, especially now that the YA dystopias are dead and buried to casual audiences.

This is going below $60m, mark my words.

"One hit wonder". The second movie was a hit too

due to the long gap this will likely be the lowest grossing of the series but I doubt it will go below Allegiant and should make good money for the studio unlike that movie 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This shit is going below Allegiant. 

Meh. It is still going from 80M to 55M instead of 130M to 60M. That is still a much smaller decrease. Also, it doesn't matter because this movie will be pure profit for FOX. The other two payed themselves and payed this sequel as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Meh. It is still going from 80M to 55M instead of 130M to 60M. That is still a much smaller decrease. Also, it doesn't matter because this movie will be pure profit for FOX. The other two payed themselves and payed this sequel as well.

God knows that I hate the Divergent franchise, but the only reason why the drop was so brutal, was because they added 3D for Insurgent, and then removed it, If Maze Runner had made the same thing, it would drop so hard as Allegiant.

And let’s wait till we know the budget before calling that it will be pure profit for Fox, from what we know, this movie had several problems that could has increased the budget, plus, if it goes below $200m WW, this could be another Alien: Covenant situation, IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

God knows that I hate the Divergent franchise, but the only reason why the drop was so brutal, was because they added 3D for Insurgent, and then removed it, If Maze Runner had made the same thing, it would drop so hard as Allegiant.

And let’s wait till we know the budget before calling that it will be pure profit for Fox, from what we know, this movie had several problems that could has increased the budget, plus, if it goes below $200m WW, this could be another Alien: Covenant situation, IMO.

Maze Runner 3 is adding 3D everwhere

Alien Covenant was an underperformer but wasn't a bomb either

and anyway Death Cure is the last one. 

In the end this franchise was nothing but a success

• Like 2