CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Dylan O’Brien’s ‘Maze Runner: Death Cure’ Release Pushed Back to 2018

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/dylan-obrien-maze-runner-death-cure-release-2018-1201784883/

WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????????????????????????????????

That's too long of a time to wait.

Damn. I was liking the original Feb 17 release date because it at least gave them a leg up before Divergent Series: Ascendant came in and officially buried all goodwill toward YA adaptations. Now this will be trickling into theaters months and months after that all Johnny Come Lately. Ah well.

• Like 2

That's actually expected.  They're committed to getting movie made just to tie up the trilogy and probably because they're in too deep but any hope for a good box office died with Dylan's accident.  With tumors of one of the female leads being pregnant (Kaya) and Rosa getting that role, there just wasn't any other place for it.  I don't think anyone expects much from it. 

To answet the last question, no one really knows and given how fanatical he is about his privacy, probably no one will ever know.  He was pretty much cast for the American Assassins movie that should start production soon so that's a good sign.  

• Like 1

I don't think it's just about the seriousness of his injury (although it's supposedly pretty serious) but also the fact that the actors have other commitments to work on that were probably scheduled around Death Cure's original filming plan. I guess Jan 2018 is the best release date they could get from when they could get everyone back to get production back underway and completed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

So... by "cancelled" I guess they mean "postponed for a long long time", right? They did get the pregnancy correct.

Someone is just trying to start stuff. They didn't cancel the movie because of it. Im sure it will be fine, movie magic.

The stuido and people on the movie knew she was Preg when they delayed it. 

Edited by Jay Hollywood