CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The hunger games franchise was never killed by anything, but the fact that the last 2 movies were meh at best really hurt the strength of their ending.

Saything that maze runner killed THG series is ridiculous IMO.

It isn’t. I read in several articles about the disappointing performance of MJ2, people claiming that the fatigue of the genre caused by D/MR were one of the reason why THG movies looked less as an event. 

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It isn’t. I read in several articles about the disappointing performance of MJ2, people claiming that the fatigue of the genre caused by D/MR were one of the reason why THG movies looked less as an event. 

No. It's because the last two HG movies were dull as shit

so because of HG, these movies shouldn't have been made? Lol

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

No. It's because the last two HG movies were dull as shit

so because of HG, these movies shouldn't have been made? Lol

I didn’t say that. But the lack of quality of these products clearly hurt, not only the movies itself, but the genre as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I didn’t say that. But the lack of quality of these products clearly hurt, not only the movies itself, but the genre as a whole. 

Yes, the lack of quality of the last two HG movies

and the first Maze Runner movie was well recently even. The second received a mixed response but wasn't hated or anything 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Did these movies have a heyday? I feel like this dropped from everyone's consciousness after the first movie.

It looks pretty interesting to me, honestly. 

The first movie was a pretty surprising success and made over ten times its budget 

the second wasn't as successful but still made a lot of money 

they definitely earned the right to make the conclusion 

Seem a bit too convoluted to attract any new audience (and the resistance would be big no matter what), so I imagine low marketing spent and going with the fans already sold for the last one will be the used strategy (like the last 2 HG did, cut the release cost to a very low number).

The first 2 did extremely well, but I wonder if the long pause and the genre in general would not hurt that one quite a bit, that said if they kept the budget down like the previous 2, should still be a nice moneymaker.