CJohn

Maze Runner: The Death Cure | Jan 26 2018 | Final Trailer on Page 18

There were plenty of people involved in the production of The Crow in 1993 that debated/wanted to cancel the film and put it on the shelf, after what happened there.  Fortunately, this is not involving a death...but it sounds severe enough to pull the lead out of the production for the foreseeable future, if not fully.  We'll see what happens here.  Depends how far into filming they were, and how much the investors will want to...recoup.  (morbid, but it's the truth)    I doubt they'll recast, at this point. 

I feel sorry for Dylan, but I'm sure he would want the show to go on which means recasting the Thomas character.

Millions of dollars are at stake. The longer they delay this movie, the more the public will lose interest in the third movie.

Cancel this movie already. It has the word 'Death' in the title. If that isn't foreboding then I don't know what is. Also, the 2nd one did less than the first one domestically and a 3rd one will most likely do similar, if not lesser numbers. Moreover, it won't be in good taste if they continue without Dylan as the lead and recast him. 

He should sue FOX, the director and the stunt technicians/coordinators for ruining his promising career.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Edited by marveldcfox

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Cancel this movie already. The 2nd one did less than the first one domestically and a 3rd one will most likely do similar, if not lesser numbers.

Over 300M WW on a 60M budget gives Fox more than enough reason to keep going. And the drop was actually lesser than between the 2 Divergent movies, especially considering the 2nd movie in that series was in 3D.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Over 300M WW on a 60M budget gives Fox more than enough reason to keep going. And the drop was actually lesser than between the 2 Divergent movies, especially considering the 2nd movie in that series was in 3D.

Seriously? A person's life >>> boxoffice. They should cancel it completely after this incident. It has the word 'Death' in the title. If that isn't foreboding then I don't know what is. 

Edited by marveldcfox

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

I guess if they delay by a few months they don't have to recast, but if it is a year or more... yessh. I feel bad for the guy.

I'm sure FOX is having some serious talks about what to do with this movie.

Delay in start of production by even a month or so might cause a delay in the movie coming out by 5-6 months. Fox knows that this movie isn't an A-list YA franchise, unlike what Lionsgate thought of Divergent. So a release in a crowded March through August corridor is ruled out for it as it cannot take the competition for sure. Even if production slips a month or so and making the Feb release date becomes hard, the movie might be delayed 6-7 months in order to release in September before the holiday movie season begins.

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Seriously? A person's life >>> boxoffice. They should cancel it completely after this incident. It has the word 'Death' in the title. If that isn't foreboding then I don't know what is. 

Lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

Seriously? A person's life >>> boxoffice. They should cancel it completely after this incident. It has the word 'Death' in the title. If that isn't foreboding then I don't know what is. 

The word "death" arguement is completely ridiculous and invalid. Not sure why that would even be brought up.

Anyways, maybe they delay it to September 2017. Same date as the first 2.

• Like 2

Just now, The Futurist said:

The incident really read like a very bad car accident.

Must be pretty serious injuries.

Is the guy also involved in a tv show ?

He's the cute and perky Stiles in Teen Wolf. Luckily, they just ended their 5th season a few months ago.

Edited by angeldelmito
  • Like 1

Just now, Nutterbutter said:

It also has the word "Cure" in the title. So what?

At the moment, the former word is lingering on the lead actor moreso than latter. Unless, he recovers fully and is comfortable facing camera again, moving forward in any way or shape won't be in good taste. Sometimes the studios have to think beyond the bottomline.

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

At the moment, the former word is lingering on the lead actor moreso than latter. Unless, he recovers fully and is comfortable facing camera again, moving forward in any way or shape won't be in good taste. Sometimes the studios have to think beyond the bottomline.

And isn't that exactly what they are doing by shutting down production and sending everyone home?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

The word "death" arguement is completely ridiculous and invalid. Not sure why that would even be brought up.

Anyways, maybe they delay it to September 2017. Same date as the first 2.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I also think this time they will release it WW in 3D instead of just a few OS markets like they did with Scorch Trials. 

• Like 1