Noctis

La La Land | Now Playing | Record-Tieing 14 Oscar Noms and Record-Breaking 16 BOFFY Noms

6 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Maybe Sony execs should have watched this before cutting those big checks for Mag 7 and Passengers:ph34r:

Lol. You can take probably 95% of the actors that are famous right now put them in the middle of the street im New York and go up to 10 random strangers most of them which are adults and ask them if they know who that person is and most of them wouldn't have a freaking clue.

• Like 3

Really loved this btw. An absolutely gorgeous movie to look at. Can't think of a bigger lock at the Oscars than this for Best Cinematography. Interesting thing from my screening was all the, "well that was interesting..." reactions. People really didn't know how to react to the musical sequences, even if they really liked the story.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

How many Oscar noms is this gonna get? 13/14 depending on how many songs get nominated, right?

I currently have it at 14.

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Original Screenplay

Best Art Direction

Best Cinematography

Best Costume Design

Best Editing

Best Original Score

Best Original Song (x2)

Best Sound Editing

Best Sound Mixing

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I currently have it at 14.

Best Picture

Best Director

Best Actor

Best Actress

Best Original Screenplay

Best Art Direction

Best Cinematography

Best Costume Design

Best Editing

Best Original Score

Best Original Song (x2)

Best Sound Editing

Best Sound Mixing

Take out Sound Editing and that's probably what it ends up with.

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Take out Sound Editing and that's probably what it ends up with.

yes. musicals always win the sound mixing but i just checked and literally no musical ever has been nominated for the sound editing award. haven't seen this yet but wouldn't count on LLL in that category. they like explosions there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The movie is ok

I haven't seen LLL yet but it will have to perform miracles and cure cancer to live up to the ridiculous hype.

The musicals of Hollywood's Golden Age are one of my passions and I've never seen a "modern" take on the genre that can match them. With the bar set in the stratosphere by those earlier stars, I doubt that LLL will be able to reach those heights. A film version of Hamilton probably will, however. 

Somewhat surprised I'm not seeing gushing about the film here. Maybe a lot of people haven't gotten a chance to see it. Or maybe it isn't hitting with audiences like a lot thought it would. Maybe it was because I didn't go in with much expectations (not a huge fan of musicals), but the more I think about it, the more I love it. My #2 of the year, behind Manchester.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Somewhat surprised I'm not seeing gushing about the film here. Maybe a lot of people haven't gotten a chance to see it. Or maybe it isn't hitting with audiences like a lot thought it would. Maybe it was because I didn't go in with much expectations (not a huge fan of musicals), but the more I think about it, the more I love it. My #2 of the year, behind Manchester.

It's my number one of the year :D (Manchester hasn't been released here). 

17 minutes ago, AABATTERY said:

It's my number one of the year :D (Manchester hasn't been released here). 

LLL will either end up number one or number two of the year, it's pretty close between LLL and Deadpool for me. I'll know for sure after I see LLL a few more times.:)

• Like 1