grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

Fandango isn't listing Lego Batman in my area yet, but is selling tickets thru Moviefone. Bizarre. Anyhoo, I noticed that it's showing in IMAX 2D. The Thursday preview IMAX @ 5 PM works out for me. I'm so happy it's 2D because 3D messes with my vision.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Fandango isn't listing Lego Batman in my area yet, but is selling tickets thru Moviefone. Bizarre. Anyhoo, I noticed that it's showing in IMAX 2D. The Thursday preview IMAX @ 5 PM works out for me. I'm so happy it's 2D because 3D messes with my vision.

Yeah, it's only in IMAX 2D on the weekend as well from the looks of it.

The only thing confusing me, is the lower want to see-votes and the lower Trailer-Clicks compared to "The Lego Movie". I was expecting it the other way round, als the first one kind of came in as a surprise 3 years ago. 

Maybe it's Will Ferrell missing. He's still one of the biggest comedians. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Also, I don't understand why they opened a new FB Account for the movie. They have an Account with 2m Fans of The Lego Movie they could advertise this movie to, instead they abandon that one to only reach around 250k at the moment. 

LOL, that move is also bothering me. I never understand what those guys are thinking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eevin said:

I mean yes, of course they're going to say it's better than the DCEU. It's just a matter of whether it's a 60% movie, or an 80% movie, or a 90%+ movie. Still, good to know people like it

I am not greedy. If it is a 70% movie, then I am happy. For it to be a 90%+ movie, it means it needs to be on par with the LEGO movie. But, let's just face it, I think no one in the world will think it is gonna happen. From what I can guess, LEGO batman movie will probably be a very FUN movie like GOTG, but it will hardly have the magic trick/twist and the deep message as the LEGO movie. The FUN part can only get you so far to 70% and you need the SUBSTANCE to get you to 90%. So, 70% is probably the best it can get. 

• Like 1

The insider guy who works at WB. Of course he will say all the good things about the LEGO batman movie. So, take his comment on the quality of the movie with a grain of salt. Still, it looks like the reviews for this movie are gonna be so full of DCEU-bashing. He can already foresee it. LOL

5 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I am not greedy. If it is a 70% movie, then I am happy. For it to be a 90%+ movie, it means it needs to be on par with the LEGO movie. But, let's just face it, I think no one in the world will think it is gonna happen. From what I can guess, LEGO batman movie will probably be a very FUN movie like GOTG, but it will hardly have the magic trick/twist and the deep message as the LEGO movie. The FUN part can only get you so far to 70% and you need the SUBSTANCE to get you to 90%. So, 70% is probably the best it can get. 

GOTG got 90% though.

Call it being greedy if you want but I think this needs at least a 7s average rating to not be labeled a "disappointment". It's inevitably going to be compared to the first Lego Movie and expectations are consequently raised. This isn't like M Night with Split where just being decent was enough to get people excited.

25 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

GOTG got 90% though.

Call it being greedy if you want but I think this needs at least a 7s average rating to not be labeled a "disappointment". It's inevitably going to be compared to the first Lego Movie and expectations are consequently raised. This isn't like M Night with Split where just being decent was enough to get people excited.

At least a 7s average rating to not be labeled a "disappointment"? Then, sorry, a lot of people are bound to be disappointed. As long as it is a decent movie, it is OK in my book. For people who still SOMEHOW expect it to top or be even as good as the LEGO movie, all I can say is "Good Luck."

9 hours ago, YSLDC said:

When people say the CW/Video Game/Animated/Lego version is better than the DCEU all I can think about is how much money WB is making from their DC brand. They reach a lot of people. 

DC Superhero Girls is blowing up too. That line has its own animated movies, toys and merch, books, webisodes etc. WB has made DC their own Marvel AND Disney Princess brands in one. Wizarding World is their lower key SW. Not bad at all. Now all they need is for WAG to blossom and be a full-fledged counterpart to Pixar/WDAS. 

• Like 1