grim22

Lego Batman | Feb 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 7! Billy Dee Williams to voice Two-Face.

8 minutes ago, YourMother said:

April seems fit for Smallfoot. Besides WAG comes up with the writing while another studio animates the movie so they can have budgets under $80M (Sony Imageworks did Storks and Animal Logic is doing the Lego franchise.)

Reel FX, who have done the animation for films like The Book of Life, Free Birds and also animated specials and shorts is animating SCOOB, I'm not sure who is animating Smallfoot. 

Using existing Warner Bros characters like Batman, Scooby Doo etc does give WAG a leg up plus from WB's POV it breathes new life into a franchise. It's the reason they're developing films based on The Flintstones, The Jetsons etc along with original ideas and adaptations like Bone. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Reel FX, who have done the animation for films like The Book of Life, Free Birds and also animated specials and shorts is animating SCOOB, I'm not sure who is animating Smallfoot. 

Using existing Warner Bros characters like Batman, Scooby Doo etc does give WAG a leg up plus from WB's POV it breathes new life into a franchise. It's the reason they're developing films based on The Flintstones, The Jetsons etc along with original ideas and adaptations like Bone. 

I think Sergio Pablos Animation Studios is animating Smallfoot.

• Like 2

Just now, Rallax said:

That is getting DBOX and not John Wick??  I saw the first John Wick in DBOX and it was fucking awesome.

John Wick isn't getting any PLF here in Wisconsin either, North Shore Cinema has Ultrascreen showings for Lego Batman in the morning and afternoon and 50 Shades Darker in the night.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Sorry to be super ignorant here but 99% of the movies I see are in a small town. What is DBOX exactly :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in Toronto and I've seen it available but just never bothered to look it up because they're always reserved seating, and if I'm going to be planning that far ahead and buying premium tickets, it's going to be IMAX.

Anyway, it's "a movie theatre seat that moves so you can move with the movie!". Sounds like a potentially nauseating gimmick to me, although I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone that's actually experienced it.

Comes with this associated warning, too (spoilered for length):

Spoiler

"The D-BOX Motion System may be harmful to women who are pregnant, persons with heart conditions, the elderly, and persons with back, head or neck conditions or injuries or those with other pre-existing medical conditions. All such persons should consult their physicians before using the D-BOX Motion System. Use of the D-BOX Motion System is not recommended for children under the age of ten years old without parental supervision. Use of hot liquids in the vicinity of the D-BOX Motion System must be avoided at all times to prevent spillage which could cause serious injuries to the user. D-BOX Technologies Inc. and this movie theatre are in no way responsible for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the D-BOX Motion System and users of the D-BOX Motion System hereby agree not to hold D-BOX Technologies Inc. and this movie theatre responsible for any and all damages of any kind arising from use of the D-BOX Motion System including, but not limited to direct or indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the D-BOX Motion System."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in Toronto and I've seen it available but just never bothered to look it up because they're always reserved seating, and if I'm going to be planning that far ahead and buying premium tickets, it's going to be IMAX.

Anyway, it's "a movie theatre seat that moves so you can move with the movie!". Sounds like a potentially nauseating gimmick to me, although I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone that's actually experienced it.

Hide contents

"The D-BOX Motion System may be harmful to women who are pregnant, persons with heart conditions, the elderly, and persons with back, head or neck conditions or injuries or those with other pre-existing medical conditions. All such persons should consult their physicians before using the D-BOX Motion System. Use of the D-BOX Motion System is not recommended for children under the age of ten years old without parental supervision. Use of hot liquids in the vicinity of the D-BOX Motion System must be avoided at all times to prevent spillage which could cause serious injuries to the user. D-BOX Technologies Inc. and this movie theatre are in no way responsible for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the D-BOX Motion System and users of the D-BOX Motion System hereby agree not to hold D-BOX Technologies Inc. and this movie theatre responsible for any and all damages of any kind arising from use of the D-BOX Motion System including, but not limited to direct or indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the D-BOX Motion System."

D-Box has more warnings than a prescription drug ad. :o

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

DBOX can be a ton of fun with just the right movie.  Furious 7 was pretty great!  Magic Mike XXL?  So good I watched it TWICE!

• Like 2

I just hope this doesn't encourage Warner to run this franchise into the ground. With the movies' pacing and sense of humor it's a very delicate task trying to keep audiences laughing at it from one film to the next, and it could easily descend into tedium in less careful hands.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I just hope this doesn't encourage Warner to run this franchise into the ground. With the movies' pacing and sense of humor it's a very delicate task trying to keep audiences laughing at it from one film to the next, and it could easily descend into tedium in less careful hands.

I would not mind more offerings with the Robot Chicken tone of humor. As WB produces these spoofs of IP's that they actually own, it's never too obnoxious or banal like the "____ Movie" parodies, and there is a lot more flair, actual wit and comes from a place of love.

My older son suffers from car sickness so I was hesitant to let him try out the dbox seats before. In the end he was fine as you can adjust the level on the seats so you can control how much it shakes/moves etc. He had it set at full either way lol. 

Dbox seats are quite large and comfortable as well and I've always enjoyed sitting in them.

We'll be seeing Lego batman this weekend as a family, it's playing in dbox but I'm not sure yet if we'll be seeing it in that format yet. Dbox seats are $25 at my theatre ( I'm in Richmond hill in Ontario). Lucky for me I have a movie credit card and basically get free tickets monthly as I use and pay off my card so much. I got over 30 free dbox seats last year alone.

• Like 1

Having seen this in premiere yesterday night, never a fan of Batman before, gotta admit that this Lego movie makes me want to go watching all the previous Batman films to know more about those characters in the original film especially Batman and Joker. 

Overall it has good jokes and some tear-jerking moment. But i still hate the visual of lego toys anyway, thx for those great voice acts.

• Like 2