CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Lindelof sucks at movies. He's a good idea guy for an idea which can be dragged to tv length. Get his movie idea and hand it to someone competent.

Considering he wrote/co-wrote every single episode of Watchmen and almost every single episode of The Leftovers, he's a lot more than an idea guy. Also, outside of Matt Reeves he's a lot more consistent than any of the writers working on current DC movies.

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Considering he wrote/co-wrote every single episode of Watchmen and almost every single episode of The Leftovers, he's a lot more than an idea guy. Also, outside of Matt Reeves he's a lot more consistent than any of the writers working on current DC movies.

TV vs Film. I literally mentioned that in my comment. I would give him a TV show where he can take his time exploring nonsense that he wants to, in a movie you need focus which his movie scripts don't deliver as much. The Hunt being the most recent example.

Get his idea, hand it to someone who can strip it to it's bare bones and build from there.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Seems weird to be so against the notion of a writer as good as Lindelof on this.

I was just suggesting a compromise. I don't really mind/care if he's involved so long as the film is good (I thought World War Z and Prometheus were okay, which I know are controversial opinions to have).

That said, my preferred writer is still Drew Goddard.

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What's the difference between their reports?

Variety and Deadline say that Cavill's team and WB are in active talks and pretty much the deal has closed (at least they made it sound like it)

THR says that no talks have taken place, there is no script with Superman in it and that there are only ideas being thrown around by WB.

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

So who do we believe...deadline and variety or THR?

I trust Justin Kroll the most because he gave us accurate info on the Batman goings on, from Affleck stepping down from directing to him leaving the role to Pattinson being confirmed.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Superman is a tricky character to adapt to modern times. I think JJ Abrams is perfect for this considering what he achieved with Star Trek and The Force Awakens. Whoever gets to make this, just try to do what Patty Jenkins did with Wonder Woman. Don't go for the goofiness of Whedon's Justice League and Shazam.

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Superman is a tricky character to adapt to modern times. I think JJ Abrams is perfect for this considering what he achieved with Star Trek and The Force Awakens. Whoever gets to make this, just try to do what Patty Jenkins did with Wonder Woman. Don't go for the goofiness of Whedon's Justice League and Shazam.

Superman is no more difficult than Captain America won Marvel/Evans obviously nailed into cinematic lore forever. It is beyond inexcusable that they were able to do it and WB has not (since 1981, anyway).

At this point, SUPERMAN doesn't need another reimagining. It may just need a FORCE AWAKENS style back-to-the-basics film which nails the essentials, even if it feels less than original (a word which, for better or worse, definitely described MAN OF STEEL)

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Variety and Deadline say that Cavill's team and WB are in active talks and pretty much the deal has closed (at least they made it sound like it)

THR says that no talks have taken place, there is no script with Superman in it and that there are only ideas being thrown around by WB.

Regardless, the massive and positive response from pop culture probably forces Wb hand. 

Maybe WB was clever enough to have planned this from the beginning, letting fans think Cavill was done for just long enough to create a vocal demand for MOS 2 that was field muted before. THE WITCHER being a huge hit may have sealed the fate. 

BATMAN CHRISTMAS 2021

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS 2022 

AQUABRO 2....somewhere else

On 5/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, excel1 said:

BATMAN CHRISTMAS 2021

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS 2022 

AQUABRO 2....somewhere else

If Warner Bros. is able to hire a director and writer within the next 6 months for Superman, and if COVID is brought under control enough for them to start filming it by summer 2021 at the latest, then I might see a Christmas 2022 release date as a possibility. 

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

This is a bit of a random question, but would people have been okay with Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor if he played the character more like how he did in that Turkish Airlines ad? 

I haven't seen the ad, so I can't comment. 

Personally, while I get where they were trying to go with Luthor in this version, I think it could've been done a little better (I haven't seen Batman v. Superman in years though, so my memory's probably a little foggy).

3 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

I haven't seen the ad, so I can't comment. 

Personally, while I get where they were trying to go with Luthor in this version, I think it could've been done a little better (I haven't seen Batman v. Superman in years though, so my memory's probably a little foggy).

On 6/1/2020 at 1:55 PM, 35MM-18 said:

If Warner Bros. is able to hire a director and writer within the next 6 months for Superman, and if COVID is brought under control enough for them to start filming it by summer 2021 at the latest, then I might see a Christmas 2022 release date as a possibility. 

I think everyone's getting a little too excited about what's turning out to feel like some posturing on Cavill's side (with a little boosting from The Rock) to keep him involved for a cameo or two and see how things go. 

My bet is that there won't be another Superman movie for another 10 years or so.

And even if J.J. does direct or produce one, it won't be with Cavill.  He'll want to make his own stamp. 

I will happily come here and "eat kryptonite" if proven otherwise. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Macleod said:

I think everyone's getting a little too excited about what's turning out to feel like some posturing on Cavill's side (with a little boosting from The Rock) to keep him involved for a cameo or two and see how things go. 

My bet is that there won't be another Superman movie for another 10 years or so.

And even if J.J. does direct or produce one, it won't be with Cavill.  He'll want to make his own stamp. 

I will happily come here and "eat kryptonite" if proven otherwise. 

The second Cavill appears in his first cameo the same fans that made the Snyder Cut released will demand for MOS2. If they managed to get HBO Max to release the Snyder cut they will be able to have MOS 2 in less than a decade. I am one of those fans.