CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

15 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

What a ridiculous suit, and guy would have needed A LOT of padding. This almost looks like an AI meme of young Hartnett's face on a 12 year old's body. His facial expression matches how most are seeing this image, I suspect.

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

What a ridiculous suit, and guy would have needed A LOT of padding. This almost looks like an AI meme of young Hartnett's face on a 12 year old's body. His facial expression matches how most are seeing this image, I suspect.

Why would he bulk up before being actually cast in the movie? When Hemsworth was cast as Thor he was a beanpole.

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

You can find the script online. It's really bad though. He made Luthor a Kryptonian.

Script is the exact reinvention that Superman needs/has needed up until the final few pages.

On 11/1/2023 at 8:19 AM, Napoleon said:

It didn't have an astronomical budget. It was reported at $250m (less than Superman Returns) but Snyder once said that it actually ended up costing less than Man Of Steel. And it's still the highest opening ever for a DC film to this day, there's no evidence that it could have opened to more than that because no other DC movie ever proved that it can be done.

Please. That BvS badly underperformed at the box office, after the opening weekend is pretty much beyond debate at this point.

• Like 1

‘Deadpool 3’, ‘Gladiator 2’, ‘Beetlejuice 2’, ‘Juror No. 2’ & ‘Venom 3’ Among Film Productions To Restart ASAP As Hollywood Gets Back To Work Post-Strike - Deadline Hollywood

In regards to James Gunn’s second DC feature, Superman: Legacy starring David Corenswet as the Man of Steel and Rachel Brosnahan as Lois Lane that movie, which was in prep all summer, is looking at a March shoot for a June 11, 2025 release.

1 minute ago, JWR said:

Wishing him and Peter Safran the best of luck. 

They'll be needing any they can get after all these duds diluting the genre. If anything, Gunn should be less cocky and more modest until a few movies in, when his universe is a true hit. Never get complacent like Marvel has become.

5 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

They'll be needing any they can get after all these duds diluting the genre. If anything, Gunn should be less cocky and more modest until a few movies in, when his universe is a true hit. Never get complacent like Marvel has become.

Well, you're not wrong per say. I was just referring to how I do not trust Zaslav to significantly mettle or f*** up Gunn and Safran's program.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Positive as always I see.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont think Zaslav will interfere in Gunn's domain unless Supes disappoints. Then all bets are off. Until then I think DCU would be safe. That said its not something you be cocky at this point when you have achieved nothing. 

Very true, though it depends on what Zaslav defines as a disappointment. Perhaps they don't interfere with Superman: Legacy because Superman is a safe bet and it's a big hit. So we're good there.

But what if these tax write offs continue and one of them is a DCU project that sounds promising? Or a creator Gunn and Safran try to get ducks out because they don't want their work to get shelved? 

Now maybe it won't come to that, but what reason is there to trust Zaslav and Co at this point?

Edited by JWR
  • Like 1