CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Gunn is killing it with Broshanan and Alcock.

Plus, I'll bet Zaslav is happy with this since this is a relatively inexpensive choice. Milly is just moving from one Warner Bros property to another.

24 minutes ago, JWR said:

Plus, I'll bet Zaslav is happy with this since this is a relatively inexpensive choice. Milly is just moving from one Warner Bros property to another.

I appreciate that WB takes care of their talent. HOTD cast 2 standouts from cancelled HBO Max Raised By Wolves for example and they rotate others a lot (Sweeney being on Euphoria and The White Lotus, for example)

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 1:47 PM, Spidey Freak said:

Meg Donnelly is also voicing Supergirl in the current DTV animated universe which is about to end because Gunn wants his own animated projects to take centerstage with the live action actors voicing the characters. So if she misses out on this, she'll be losing a job in hand and a much more lucrative opportunity 😬

Time to pour one out for Meg Donnelly's time in the DC world then. :lol:😬

Alcock always seemed like the no-brainer of all the names in contention though. She's gonna be great!

13 hours ago, TMP said:

The castings for this haven’t been as out of the box and cool as the ones were for Reeves’ Batman, but each one was still a pretty easy home-run (almost the exact opposite of the Snyder castings lol)

The cast was one of the strengths of the DCEU. Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Henry Cavill, Margot Robbie became A-list movie stars thanks to his movies. And who knows how many other careers would have been skyrocketed if not for WB taking the franchise away from him in order to deliver a box office bomb after another since?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So what are DECU's salveagable properties from before Gunn era? The Batman with R-Batz. Joker with Phoenix and Gaga. Anything else? I know that his SS got raves but it bombed thanks to the shitiness of the first movie and no star like Will Smith. I'll be sad to see Momoa go cause he saved Aquaman 2's face. People love the guy.

Superman:Legacy and Supergirtl are shaping up really well so far.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So what are DECU's salveagable properties from before Gunn era? The Batman with R-Batz. Joker with Phoenix and Gaga. Anything else? I know that his SS got raves but it bombed thanks to the shitiness of the first movie and no star like Will Smith. I'll be sad to see Momoa go cause he saved Aquaman 2's face. People love the guy.

Superman:Legacy and Supergirtl are shaping up really well so far.

Not really, honestly.

Cavill is out as Superman and his movies have too much baggage to be a draw for audiences. 

Affleck wanted out after making Justice League.

Wonder Woman 84 tanked a lot of the goodwill the first movie had.

The Flash isn't going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The cast was one of the strengths of the DCEU. Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Henry Cavill, Margot Robbie became A-list movie stars thanks to his movies. And who knows how many other careers would have been skyrocketed if not for WB taking the franchise away from him in order to deliver a box office bomb after another since?

Blinking Martin Scorsese GIF by The Academy Awards - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2

It would be more accurate to say that Margot Robbie first gained prominence with Wolf of Wall Street, but that playing Harley Quinn was what officially cemented her as a household name. With that said, David Ayer was the one who cast her, not Zack Snyder

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TMP said:

Wolf of Wall Street has had more cultural staying power than pretty much any cbm of the last decade haha

…More than Black Panther, Infinity War, Endgame, Wakanda Forever, Joker, Wonder Woman, Into the Spiderverse, Across the Spiderverse, or No Way Home? Really?

Hell, I’d even throw Suicide Squad (2016) in there.

Edited by Speedorito
Forgot NWH

12 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I’m not really a Snyder fan but you’re right. Not many people will agree with you here (simply because “Snyder”) but you’re right. These films launched/elevated their careers in a way we haven’t seen in this genre/franchise in years. The following films did nothing for the actors’ careers.

Casting has literally never been a problem or an indicator of quality for these films.

• Like 1