CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

Gunn appears to be making a classic, traditional SUPERMAN film, which frankly is exactly what they should be doing. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 7:24 AM, grim22 said:

Would not be surprised if they are filming in the same Norwegian locations for the Fortress of Solitude that Lucas used in "Empire Strikes Back".

2 hours ago, JWR said:

Sweet!

Spoiler

Wonder which version of The Enginerr they will use; the chatecter has changed so much.

I am betting they problem will just drop the whole "Chils of the 20th Century" angle.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

GKbWEEQXUAIvk6v?format=jpg&name=large

He is talking about DanielRPK who said on his paid account that the main villain would be Ultraman 💀

People are saying Daniel said Ultraman is a villain, not the main one, and the whole “main” thing came from a game of internet telephone. Guessing Lex is the main villain and creates/controls Ultraman.

Seems a bit ticked off to have to debunk this particular rumor…

1 hour ago, belblazer said:

GKbWEEQXUAIvk6v?format=jpg&name=large

He is talking about DanielRPK who said on his paid account that the main villain would be Ultraman 💀

Notice how Gunn never actually debunked Ultraman being in the movie. 

3 hours ago, ChipDerby said:

Wait until Ultraman is revealed and everyone calls Gunn a liar 😂

If Ultraman is a villain in the movie, James Gunn would have purposefully misled fans into believing he isn't. While technically Gunn wouldn't have lied, he knows damn well how fans would read it, and we all know what his intentions are with that post.

• Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If Ultraman is a villain in the movie, James Gunn would have purposefully misled fans into believing he isn't. While technically Gunn wouldn't have lied, he knows damn well how fans would read it, and we all know what his intentions are with that post.

My god, who cares hahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

So? What's he supposed to do give away the twists two months into filming 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So? What's he supposed to do give away the twists two months into filming 

That’s why most directors and/or studio heads don’t address leaks and rumors and give them more publicity. They just work on the film and do a little promo for it when it’s time for release.

(I do think the Internet’s obsession with test screenings, leak culture, insiders, etc is really damaging films but that’s a topic for a different day).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm sorry, what?  This is reaching by a lot.  It says clear as day "main villain".  Hell, by implication, that means there are secondary or tertiary villains.  

It is absolutely not James Gunn's fault if people decide to set an Olympic Record in Jumping to Conclusions.

C'mon now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"I’ll say again, don’t believe anything unless you see it HERE"

I think this is my "big idea" takeaway from what Gunn's aiming to achieve through social media debunking and I just really don't think it will work and I think there's already an example of why. I suspect a decently high possibility outcome is creating an unnecessary "John Harrison" scenario.