CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No need to replace Henry or reboot anything. This version of the character is the best and audiences love it.

That's not even opinion, that's just factually incorrect. No one will ever outdo what Christopher Reeve did, regardless of you liking the old movies or not.

BUT, I do agree that Cavill's Superman was always something with potential, and I think that they finally nailed that potential on Justice League, where he was the best part of the film imo. I'm more than on board for a Vaughn-directed Man Of Steel 2.

Just.... try to keep the Lois stuff minimal. I love Amy Adams, but the more I see her as Lois, the less I care about her or her romance with Clark Kent. Introduce Supergirl if you really want a strong female character in the Superman side of the DCEU.

Oh, and no Lex Zuckerberg. FUCK. THAT. SHIT.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

As much as I hated Luthor's portrayal in BvS:

Spoiler

I gotta admit I REALLY liked the changes they made with him in the post-credits scene in JL. I kinda wanna see more of him now. :ph34r:

Edited by MrGamer2558
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MrGamer2558 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, that's nice and all for you, but for me.....

Spoiler

I still found him to be the same annoying pseudo-lunatic brat as in BVS, only a lot more composed and with a bald head this time.

It's an interpretation that just doesn't click imo. I don't like it in almost any way. I'm sorry.

However, I am hyped for the Injustice League regardless, so I guess that's one thing Lex Zuckerberg's involved in that I do like?

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

No need to replace Henry or reboot anything. This version of the character is the best and audiences love it.

You are aware of the drastic differnces between Supes in JL and Supes in the two previous Snyder movies?

We have a happier Supes back who does spend all his screen time moping aroud and wallowing in self pity.That is why audiences like the JL Supes. Snyder misread the character in the first two films.

20 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's not even opinion, that's just factually incorrect. No one will ever outdo what Christopher Reeve did, regardless of you liking the old movies or not.

BUT, I do agree that Cavill's Superman was always something with potential, and I think that they finally nailed that potential on Justice League, where he was the best part of the film imo. I'm more than on board for a Vaughn-directed Man Of Steel 2.

Just.... try to keep the Lois stuff minimal. I love Amy Adams, but the more I see her as Lois, the less I care about her or her romance with Clark Kent. Introduce Supergirl if you really want a strong female character in the Superman side of the DCEU.

Lots of people said the same about Jack Nicholson's Joker before TDK came along. I'm always hopeful that another iconic interpretation will come along sooner or later. Hell, it might even be Cavill after all if MOS 2 ends up getting made and everyone loves it, you just never know.

• Like 1

MoS 2 or a Superman sequel will be made they could just call it Superman also. I think they are in talks now Cavill face says it all when he talks about Superman if it was up in the air there would be noway he would go to such a comic con answering Superman questions which probabaly is many of them "when are you gonna do another Supes movie" all over Social media TOP requests is MoS 2 and WW2 and Batman and Miller Flash and Harley Quinn in more movies.

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, MrGamer2558 said:

Hide contents

I gotta admit I REALLY liked the changes they made with him in the post-credits scene in JL. I kinda wanna see more of him now. :ph34r:

I agree...and you will not find anybody who hated the BvS version of Luthor more then I.

I always thought that Eisenberg got more blame for Luthor then he deserved. The writers and directors are much more to blame. Eisenberg was just giving them the Luthor they wanted.

5 hours ago, Macleod said:

This is not a movie at all, right now...and I maintain it never will be.  People read too much into simple talent discussions.

yeah Cavill sure looks like that in his announcement for the comic con in Long island:rolleyes: and offering Supes questions as well

The actual reason however isn't very flattering for DC :P

It’s more fun getting involved with franchises when they’re on the down, because then it’s easier to make a good film, so if I got involved with a few of the superhero films out there that have been disappointing, it’s going to be…if I do OK, it’ll probably be better.

And he apparently called Mark Millar in regards to MOS2

“He and I are massive Superman fans. I mean, we worship Richard Donner. We love the Christopher Reeve movies. He actually phoned me up a few months ago, and he said, “Hey, listen, DC, they’re very interested in me doing Man of Steel 2. Do you want to come in and do this?’ And I was like, ‘I’m exclusive to Netflix for years. We can’t even have that conversation.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, man. What’s the chances of this?’ 

53 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The actual reason however isn't very flattering for DC :P

And he apparently called Mark Millar in regards to MOS2

Mind you,these conversations were taking place long before JL so it's safe to assume that  the movie is further in develepment that those involved were letting on.If WB wants to fast track it a 2020 release is very possible.

Matthew Vaugh' s seems to fit The Flash better but I wouldnt mind a Superman film directed by him. My #1 choice is still J.A. Bayona and he wants to direct a Superman film. He's tied up with Fallen Kingdom until mid 2018 though. 

Also wouldn't mind if they went with a relatively new director. Fresh blood might be what the DCEU needs in general.