CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

They'll make another Superman movie one day whether that is an MOS2 remains to be seen. As much as I want Cavill to get a well reviewed non-depressing Superman I think it only has a 50/50 shot of happening at this point.

I'd say 60/40 chances of happening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

What I mean is that they are waiting to see how Justice League is received. That's why they are waiting on Justice League. 

I'm not sure if they're waiting on reception or just waiting till after JL for when superman is fully back to announce whatever it is they have planned. You could be right, we'll see. 

13 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

What I mean is that they are waiting to see how Justice League is received. That's why they are waiting on Justice League. 

This never ends well

WB waited for Green Lantern before proceeding with the Flash and the latter got canned. Wonder Woman and Aquaman would've suffered the same fate if WB played the waiting game with BvS

Shazam is New Line so that's different

Another thing I just wanted to add about not really knowing anything about what's going on in respect to WB/dc etc.  Look at that hbo watchmen show, it was announced months ago the guy who made lost would be involved, then we didn't hear much of anything about it and then today, boom, he posts a pic on instagram about day 1. 

My point is I don't really think any of us or any of the big trades even really know anything until WB wants them to know. 

Edited by cax16

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

I don't know why Clark Kent was killed off. You can't make a Superman movie without Clark Kent in it. Poor writing choices in general in BvS.

Yeah, that was dumb. At least in the comic book Clark was "trapped" in a bunker with plenty of food and water to survive for however much time before Superman came back.

Of course, they also killed off Jimmy Olsen also in BvS.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I don't know why Clark Kent was killed off. You can't make a Superman movie without Clark Kent in it. Poor writing choices in general in BvS.

Staying away from journalists in the world of today not connecting that Kent is Superman is probably not a bad decision, this is such a strange challenge, removing it is maybe not a bad idea.

Does secret Kent identity really need to exist in a world that superheroes (Aquaman, Wonder Woman and a long list)and a justice league exist now ? Become more and more banal to be a SH in a way.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

WB has proven time and time again they are reactionary. Bad reactions led to an edited as hell SS and JL.

Are you talking about bad reaction to internal and/or test screen audience ? I would imagine that for movie like that, that must be quite common.

of course this is happening. They are not gonna mention names like Vaugh and stuff like that. Also Cavill as Supes has been extremely well recieved after JL. It will likely be called Superman which makes perfect sense since he is now him in JL. This will star Adams as Lois too of course. Eisenberg as Lex again. Lane as Martha Kent, Fishburne as Perry White

One issue I can see with this is that the natural follow-up Superman film was coopted by BvS. There are other Superman stories to tell, but the thematic continuation has been sidetracked. I suppose they can explore something about what it means for him to come back to life. Both MoS and BvS were exploring some of the psychological and philosophical aspects of being Superman. So perhaps there's a continuation there.