CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

There was a lot of backlash for the Matthew Vaughn comments on social media today among DC fans. I like him but it's very stupid to disrespect the previous DCEU movies, because the franchise has a huge fan base that gives them a very valuable support.

WB/DC Films is doing a very good job in earning back the trust from those who hated BVS or SS without alienating the fans, so I hope Matthew doesn't ruin that.

And it's not only the fans. The cast loves Snyder and is always very supportive of BVS and seem proud of these movies.

Vaughn doesn't care about "DCEU fans."  He wants to make good movies.  And I can't believe I have to keep saying this, but there's a reason you see Patty Jenkins, Vaughn and numerous others continually bringing up Donner's Superman...while not mentioning MoS. 

It's because most people believe in hope.  Not fear.  Especially when it comes to Superman. 

"Earning back trust"?  For anyone who's not a fan of BvS, JL doesn't look like anything different. 

Of course the cast are supportive as long as they're attached to the projects.  That's part of their job, in PR terms. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Vaughn doesn't care about "DCEU fans."  He wants to make good movies.  And I can't believe I have to keep saying this, but there's a reason you see Patty Jenkins, Vaughn and numerous others continually bringing up Donner's Superman...while not mentioning MoS. 

It's because most people believe in hope.  Not fear.  Especially when it comes to Superman. 

"Earning back trust"?  For anyone who's not a fan of BvS, JL doesn't look like anything different. 

Of course the cast are supportive as long as they're attached to the projects.  That's part of their job, in PR terms. 

I'd say JL looks quite different than BvS. It just looks lighter and more fun in general.

Edited by Steele131
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Snyder's movies are inspired by Donner's Superman too. That's not the point. They all should respect and reference Donner's movie. But there's no reason for Vaughn to direspect Snyder and his films. Patty never did that.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Snyder's movies are inspired by Donner's Superman too. That's not the point. They all should respect and reference Donner's movie. But there's no reason for Vaughn to direspect Snyder and his films. Patty never did that.

How long does a Google search take?

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-batman-v-superman-1201886920/

Patty Jenkins, the director of “Wonder Woman,” said that her inspiration for the movie is Richard Donner’s 1978 smash, “Superman,” a rousing, patriotic tale that overflows with star-spangled goodwill.

“‘Superman’ was all about you,” said Jenkins. “It was about you watching and realizing what it would feel like to have great powers and do great things. It was full of love and emotion.”

• Like 1

To me the simple fact that WB might even have talked with someone whose view of Superman is not that he should be depressed 95% of the time is a good sign that they may be learning that that version of Superman doesn't work. Because the ultimate problem with Superman is Warner Brothers and their obsession for 11-12 years with trying to turn him into Batman light. If they see the light and hire a filmmaker whose pitch isn't Superman is sad all the time then that's when Superman will have a chance to be a likeable hero again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

How long does a Google search take?

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-batman-v-superman-1201886920/

Patty Jenkins, the director of “Wonder Woman,” said that her inspiration for the movie is Richard Donner’s 1978 smash, “Superman,” a rousing, patriotic tale that overflows with star-spangled goodwill.

“‘Superman’ was all about you,” said Jenkins. “It was about you watching and realizing what it would feel like to have great powers and do great things. It was full of love and emotion.”

I see no disrespect to Snyder in that quote.

4 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

What time does he start talking about it?

Just click play and you should be able to listen it. Around 16 minutes. Basically: "What Superman movie?! Let's me ask just that: what Superman movie? There is no Superman movie. This doesn't exist". 

Hopefully Justice League manages to change that, but at this point... yeah, I'm with Sneider. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Just click play and you should be able to listen it. Around 16 minutes. Basically: "What Superman movie?! Let's me ask just that: what Superman movie? There is no Superman movie. This doesn't exist". 

Hopefully Justice League manages to change that, but at this point... yeah, I'm with Sneider. 

I don't buy that there isn't another superman movie development. Wether Vaughan is involved or not is anything thing but I'm sure something is in the works. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

You didn't need him to tell you that. If WB had a Superman sequel anywhere on their radar it would've shown up at comic con along with the rest

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don't buy that there isn't another superman movie development. Wether Vaughan is involved or not is anything thing but I'm sure something is in the works. 

Tim Burton's Superman was in development. J. J. Abrams Superman film was in development. Being in development doesn't mean anything if there isn't an actual green light, which Sneider obviously implied that right now it isn't. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

11 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Tim Burton's Superman was in development. J. J. Abrams Superman film was in development. Being in development doesn't mean anything if there isn't an actual green light, which Sneider obviously implied that right now it isn't. 

There will always be movies in development that don't move forward. 

How much did we hear about Shazam before it all of a sudden came out that it was next to go into production, we knew rumours about the director but besides that there wasn't much until sdcc weekend this year. I'm not saying he's lying or anything I just don't think we know a lot of the inside stuff at WB/DC unless they want us too. 

I feel like they don't want to announce to much of anything till after JL. 

Edited by cax16

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

There will always be movies in development that don't move forward. 

How much did we hear about Shazam before it all of a sudden came out that it was next to go into production, we knew rumours about the director but besides that there wasn't much until sdcc weekend this year. I'm not saying he's lying or anything I just don't think we know a lot of the inside stuff at WB/DC unless they want us too. 

I feel like they don't want to announce to much of anything till after JL. 

25 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

What I mean is that they are waiting to see how Justice League is received. That's why they are waiting on Justice League.