CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

The vid for the folks too lazy to click and visit the other site 

As I had said previously, I could see Vaughn/Goldman delivering an honest-to-goodness take on Superman (and Lois too) without it coming across as Donner lite like Superman Returns. Hope everyone involved work things through and make it happen, though I'll survive either way. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The vid for the folks too lazy to click and visit the other site 

As I had said previously, I could see Vaughn/Goldman delivering an honest-to-goodness take on Superman (and Lois too) without it coming across as Donner lite like Superman Returns. Hope everyone involved work things through and make it happen, though I'll survive either way. 

You can tell that the guy wants to do either Star wars or Indiana Jones or a big superhero/comic book tentpole movie from Marvel (disney)/DC (wb).

But I want him to do Flash Gordon. In his hands that IP has immense potential. 

“Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I loved the original superman movies and I loved mos so I'm good with whatever interpretation they move to next. I mean they're kinda heading in that lighter more hopeful direction with JL anyways. 

On 9/16/2017 at 6:21 PM, marveldcfox said:

You can tell that the guy wants to do either Star wars or Indiana Jones or a big superhero/comic book tentpole movie from Marvel (disney)/DC (wb).

But I want him to do Flash Gordon. In his hands that IP has immense potential. 

Vaughn should run far far away from Star Wars. It will just be a waste of his time and talents.

There was a lot of backlash for the Matthew Vaughn comments on social media today among DC fans. I like him but it's very stupid to disrespect the previous DCEU movies, because the franchise has a huge fan base that gives them a very valuable support.

WB/DC Films is doing a very good job in earning back the trust from those who hated BVS or SS without alienating the fans, so I hope Matthew doesn't ruin that.

And it's not only the fans. The cast loves Snyder and is always very supportive of BVS and seem proud of these movies.