CJohn

Superman | July 11, 2025 | James Gunn writing and directing | David Corenswet is Clark, Rachel Brosnahan is Lois

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

J.A. Bayona, who is currently directing Jurassic World 2, has recently followed Geoff Johns on Twitter, with Johns also following Bayona.

So? Trank is following Geoff Johns and Geoff is following Trank. Fandom will literally melt...

After hearing about how much Patty Jenkins loves the Richard Donner Superman, how she seemed to stay true to the spirit of Wonder Woman in her film, and how overwhelmly posative the reception of the film has been so far. I really think she could be the perfect choice to put Superman back on the map and due justice to the character, granted I haven't seen WW yet, and they probably want her on WW 2 ASAP. but put two and two together and it just makes sense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kalo said:

After hearing about how much Patty Jenkins loves the Richard Donner Superman, how she seemed to stay true to the spirit of Wonder Woman in her film, and how overwhelmly posative the reception of the film has been so far. I really think she could be the perfect choice to put Superman back on the map and due justice to the character, granted I haven't seen WW yet, and they probably want her on WW 2 ASAP. but put two and two together and it just makes sense. 

Nah I think each director should helm their own individual franchise character, by having one director doing 2 different characters you're saying that only her and her alone is capable of doing the character justice. I think there are alot of passionate directors out there that can be put to work on a Superman sequel and do the character justice. 

Edited by DMan7

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Bayonna is also a huge Richard Donner fan and with Vaughn apparently also being considered for Flash it wouldn't shock me if he gets there film. Patty should stay with Wonder Woman. 

Superman Returns was basically Superman shot in 2006 but audiences rejected it.

Bryan Singer had the same love for the Richard Donner movie than all these people.

Make up your mind people when it comes to Superman.

It s not because you are referencing something beloved you re gonna make  a great and/or beloved film.

It s a little more complicated than that I am afraid.

14 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Bryan Singer had the same love for the Richard Donner movie than all these people.

It s not because you are referencing something beloved you re gonna make  a great and/or beloved film.

I love Superman Returns, It has issues sure, but I honestly don't understand why there is so much hate for that movie. But the next director doesn't have to remake Richard Donner's Superman, but there are certain elements about the character that he got so right I think it would be wrong not to draw some inspiration from it. 

And it doesn't necessarily have to be light and happy Smallville is pretty good example of how to do Superman Light/Dark/funny/Emotional etc..  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Bayonna is also a huge Richard Donner fan and with Vaughn apparently also being considered for Flash it wouldn't shock me if he gets there film. Patty should stay with Wonder Woman. 

Yeah you might be right, I keep forgetting what Bayonna has done, so I keep having to look him up, I am a pretty big fan of The Impossible and A Monster Calls, so on second thought, yeah I do think he could be great for Superman, I'd much prefer him to Vaugh tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I love Superman Returns, It has issues sure, but I honestly don't understand why there is so much hate for that movie. But the next director doesn't have to remake Richard Donner's Superman, but there are certain elements about the character that he got so right I think it would be wrong not to draw some inspiration from it. 

And it doesn't necessarily have to be light and happy Smallville is pretty good example of how to do Superman Light/Dark/funny/Emotional etc..  

Because, and I am not kidding, that version of Superman is outdated. Just look at all the heroes nowadays. They all have some sort of snark/edginess to them (and yes, the Marvel heros too). Snyder did a good job repackaging Supes, but someone has to write a better script.  

10 minutes ago, James said:

Because, and I am not kidding, that version of Superman is outdated. Just look at all the heroes nowadays. They all have some sort of snark/edginess to them (and yes, the Marvel heros too). Snyder did a good job repackaging Supes, but someone has to write a better script.  

I love the Reeves Supes for that reason. No edginess. Snark is limited to a few quips. It's refreshing and different 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, James said:

I think there are definitely ways you could improve on the original Superman, and there are some things that worked in MoS. but I'm not sure all superheroes need to be Snarky or edginess, Ant-Man seemed pretty chill. I also I feel the perfect Superman film is yet to be made, I just hope it does get made someday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Singer used way too much Donner. Patty used Donner as an influence for Wonder Woman but ultimately she did her own thing. Superman Returns straight up tried to clone Reeves and Donner. 

6 hours ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

I love the Reeves Supes for that reason. No edginess. Snark is limited to a few quips. It's refreshing and different 

You mean George Reeves, from The Adventures of Superman in the 1950s?  ;)

4 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Singer used way too much Donner. Patty used Donner as an influence for Wonder Woman but ultimately she did her own thing. Superman Returns straight up tried to clone Reeves and Donner. 

Why. Is. It. So. Hard. To. Get. This. Right?   CHRISTOPHER REEVE.  (and the John Williams score blasts on cue)

Edited by Macleod

On 6/1/2017 at 6:20 AM, The Futurist said:

I didn't like the film that much, but it made 200 M (without the help of 3D, although it crawled to reach that number) in 2006. That is a figure that CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, ANT-MAN and several X-MEN titles failed to reach post 2010.

BOM adjusts that to 270 M today, I don't know if they factor 3D prices in. Having said this, I don't think the audiences rejected it. The budget was just too big and that made the film a big disappointment box office-wise.

• Like 1