grim22

Weekend #s. Nightcrawler - 10.909M, Ouija 10.9M. #WeekendEstimateGate. Interstellar advertising goes here - opening Tuesday 8pm.

lol, Seriously though.  These thread titles in general can make things confusing or hard to find.  This isn't the worst, by far.  I've seen a lot of 'em that can be a bit obtuse.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 2

Nolanite propaganda.   :P

Why isn't anyone mentioning BH6 coming out this weekend while they're at it?

Oh yeah.  Because it's Nolanite propaganda.  Can't give a shout out to the competition

Because that comes out on Friday

Interstellar is closer :)

• Like 3

lol, Seriously though.  These thread titles in general can make things confusing or hard to find.  This isn't the worst, by far.  I've seen a lot of 'em that can be a bit obtuse.

All the numbers we have are in the title. I'm sure when we have something more, it'll be changed.

It's bad enough that we can't have fun in these threads anymore, now you want to take away our titles. I will not stand for it! #TitleGate

Tell you the truth I had no idea what Before I Go To Sleep was till I saw it was playing at my local theater this week. No advertisements. Same with that 10 year anniversary of Saw, no marketing, didn't even know about the release.  

Edited by Scott Pilgrim vs The Forum
  • Like 3

...Why is Interstellar in the title for this?  It doesn't come out until next week!

I feel bad for the films coming out this week, they don't even get enough respect to not get their thread title hijacked by a movie that's not out yet.

I know! Thank you! I have nothing against Interstellar, but if I post something that isn't "Interstellar" I get shot down, that it's "meaningless." And the title wtf? I know Interstellar is coming out relatively soon, but this is ridiculous. The crazy cult followings need to stop. There's nothing wrong with loving, or even fawning over a movie but taking it too far, that's something else.
  • Like 6

No need to fret, Blank.

You'll see Nightcrawler sometime this week, looking at the Blank's Soul poll. ;)

Did you see the thread? I legitimately cancelled it this week because I won't have any income until the Monday after Interstellar comes out, and I'm already seeing Interstellar opening day anyway

Tell you the truth I had no idea what Before I Go To Sleep was till I saw it was playing at my local theater this week. No advertisements. Same with that 10 year anniversary of Saw, no marketing, didn't even know about the release.  

I read a plot description of that movie and I oddly want to see it. Sounds batshit crazy in the best way

I know! Thank you! I have nothing against Interstellar, but if I post something that isn't "Interstellar" I get shot down, that it's "meaningless." And the title wtf? I know Interstellar is coming out relatively soon, but this is ridiculous. The crazy cult followings need to stop. There's nothing wrong with loving, or even fawning over a movie but taking it too far, that's something else.

But but but Interstellar will cause world peace. You like world peace, don't you?

• Like 4

LOL, we're just joking around. Someone's obviously very new to the forums.

• Like 2

http://deadline.com/2014/10/nightcrawler-ouija-before-i-sleep-box-office-1201267504/

The Friday night chart:

1). Nightcrawler (OPRD), 2,766 theaters / $3.05M Fri. (includes $515K late nights) / $5.5M Sat. (80%) / $3.2Sun. (-40%) / 3-day cume: $11.7M to $12M / Wk 1

2). Ouija (UNI), 2,899 theaters  (+41)/ $3M Fri. / $4.6M Sat. (50%) / $2.7M Sun. (-40%) / 3-day cume: $10.4M (-47%)/ Total cume: $34.5M/ Wk 2

3). Fury (SONY), 3,313 theaters(+140) / $1.9M Fri. / $3.8M Sat. (100%) / $2.4M Sun. (-35%) / 3-day cume: $8M to 9M/ Total cume: $60.5M / Wk 3

4). John Wick (LGF), 2,589 theaters / $1.8M Fri. / $3.6M Sat. (100%) / $2.3M Sun. (-35%) / 3-day cume: $7.7M to $8M (-45%)/ Total cume: 28.2M/  Wk 2

5). Gone Girl (FOX), 2,834 theaters (-272) / $1.8M Fri. / $3.4M Sat. (90%) / $1.8M Sun. (-45%) / 3-day cume: $7M+ / Total cume: $135.3M/ Wk 5

6). Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (DIS), 2896 theaters (-221) / $937K Fri. / $3.7M Sat. (300%) / $2.2M Sun. (-40%) / 3-day cume: $6.9M / Total cume: $54.1M / Wk 4

7). St. Vincent (TWC), 2,552 theaters (+270) / $1.6M Fri. / $3M Sat. (80%) / $1.8M Sun. (-40%) / 3-day cume: $6.5M/ Total cume: $18.3M / Wk 4

8). The Book of Life (FOX), 2,794 theaters (-319) / $1M Fri. / $3.1M Sat. (200%) / $2.3M Sun. (-25%) / 3-day cume: $6.4M / Total cume: $38.7M / Wk 3

9). The Judge (WB), 1,942 theaters (-668) /$929K Fri. / $1.8M Sat. (100%) / $1.1M Sun. (-40%) / 3-day cume: $3.8M / Total cume: $40M / Wk 4

10). Dracula Untold (UNI), 1,913 theaters (-451) / $758K Fri. / $1.1M Sat. (45%) / $715K Sun. (-35%) / 3-day cume: $2.5M / Total cume: $52.5M / Wk 4

Notable: Michael Keaton’s Birdman continues to do strong per-screen numbers. In its third weekend, the Fox Searchlight story about a washed-up movie superhero added 181 screens this weekend, bringing it to 231 theaters. It’s still drawing a crowd, averaging more than $9,000 per date and circling a 13th place finish and cume of $4.5M+.

Nicole Kidman-Colin Firth amnesia thriller Before I Go To Sleep, hit the snooze button before the weekend. Though always-unreliable tracking had the Clarius Entertainment pic doing $5-$7M, the British thriller, adapted from S.J. Watson’s novel, will have trouble cracking the top 10. It’s flirting with a bow of around only $2M, out of the top 10.

• Like 3