grim22

Wknd Estimates: Nolan = 50M | BH6 = 56M+(pg 72) (who cares, our forum lives!)

Can I ask a question? Okay, so I bought $102 worth of Interstellar tickets last week. Would that already be included in the money reported to the studios, or is the money reported once the showing starts? Just curious

I think it is only counted once the screening starts, because you can ask for a refund anytime before that time.

• Like 1

$21m-$23m is actually a REALLY strong number for Interstellar. When it comes to admissions, Interstellar is comfortably ahead. A 169 minute film with trailers isn't going to get as much showings as a film with a 105 minute runtime. 

Ahead of what? BH6? It's unlikely because Interstellar's average price ticket is certainly higher than BH6's.

• Like 3

Ahead of what? BH6? It's unlikely because Interstellar's average price ticket is certainly higher than BH6's.

Are you freaking kidding me?

Of course Interstellar would be ahead of BH6 in admissions if it finished with $23m Friday and the latter with $17m.

• Like 1

Maybe THR was using a SKYFALL-esque projection for Saturday (it had a minimal bump).

Using those numbers:

2.7 - Thurs sneaks

18.3-20.3 - Fri

20.3-22.53 - Sat

14.62-16.22 - Sun

55.92-61.75 OW

That would bode very well for my $58M predict, which is in the median of your 55-61 range. Obviously I want the movie to do as well as possible, but at the same time, I kind hope this happens. For bragging rights.

$21m-$23m is actually a REALLY strong number for Interstellar. When it comes to admissions, Interstellar is comfortably ahead. A 169 minute film with trailers isn't going to get as much showings as a film with a 105 minute runtime. 

I wouldn't get that far ahead. We don't know BH6's 3D share yet, which I doubt is that much considering this a family film. And BH6 also likely had some after school matinee's, which also makes for cheaper tickets. And kids tickets are still cheap in general.

Interstellar on the other hand is getting boosted by IMAX and Liemax. I live in a state with pretty low ticket prices compared to elsewhere, and the Liemax is still $14 where I am. Interstellar may be in the lead now, but I doubt it's enough to say "comfortably" in italics.

• Like 3

Are you freaking kidding me?

Of course Interstellar would be ahead of BH6 in admissions if it finished with $23m Friday and the latter with $17m.

I think he means because Interstellar has a big Imax presence meaning more expensive tickets compared to a large part of BH6 tickets being much cheaper child prices.

• Like 2

Based off a tv series=not original.

BH6 is based off a comic book. In terms of BO following, the Simpsons Movie is not a sequel, so it's considered "original". Same with BH6, which again, is based off a comic.

Actually, that's one of the very few things I love about my country. We have hours from 00:00 (midnight) to 24:00 (also midnight). No AM/PM thing to confuse you  :P We also have Celsius, kg and meters thank God :ph34r:

Don't they use the 24hr clock in the US?, i didn't realize that. :unsure: