Fancyarcher

Monday Actuals: Nolan - 5.2M, BH6 - 5.1M

A good comparison indeed. I prefer the Abyss though... Characters feel so much more alive. And, Harris and the woman who's name I cannot spell trump everyone in Interstellar.

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio who now shows up periodically on GRIMM to be scarily intense and kick serious ass.

• Like 2

Big Hero 6 had a great Monday then, big improvement over Wreck-It Ralph and even Frozen which had a 2.5. How did Big Hero 6 made so much? Do you think Tuesday will be less?

No, Tuesday will go up.

Possibly even up to 8 or 8.5, with 9 an outside possibility.

• Like 2

Big Hero 6 had a great Monday then, big improvement over Wreck-It Ralph and even Frozen which had a 2.5. How did Big Hero 6 made so much? Do you think Tuesday will be less?

It was buoyed a bit by Veteran's Day on Tues which should jump about 90% before everything crashes back to earth on Wed.  If it can stay above $2.5m by Friday a 30% drop looks good.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

Can Big Hero 6 drop under 30% this weekend? Ralph managed to fall only 32% against Skyfall, and it could benefit from gaining some fanboy spillover from those who saw Interstellar last week. Either way, it's winning the weekend.

I don't see why BH6 wont have a good drop. BH6 has shit competition this weekend (Dumb and Dumber To) which has a good chance of flopping, unlike WIR which had Skyfall. ;)

• Like 1

I say this now, if some day we find a different planet to inhabit and we build a cinema, I'm pretty sure Interstellar will be among the conversation to be thefirst film to be screened lol

By then they'll be no cinemas.  We'll just have movies or their futuristic equivalent beamed directly toward our brains.  B) 

• Like 3

If thats the case than Paramount is super chill when its all said and done.

They all are really. If the budget is 160m, then it would need to gross 160m domestically and about 180m overseas for them all to break even, without factoring in marketing costs. If anything paramount will see less money because I see no reason why this can't hit 300m OS

I am sure that we will build a cinema for educational or historical purposes alone. Maybe in a Science Museum. Following schedule every day:

10.30 Space Station

12.00 Close Encounters

14.30 Blade Runner

17.00 2001

20.00 Interstellar

space_station_76_poster.jpg

• Like 5

I am sure that we will build a cinema for educational or historical purposes alone. Maybe in a Science Museum. Following schedule every day:

10.30 Space Station

12.00 Close Encounters

14.30 Blade Runner

17.00 2001

20.00 Interstellar

In the future they might all be playing at the Historical Comedy Center. :lol:

This will be playing at the Science Museum

barbarella-le-film-de-roger-vadim.jpg

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Can Big Hero 6 drop under 30% this weekend? Ralph managed to fall only 32% against Skyfall, and it could benefit from gaining some fanboy spillover from those who saw Interstellar last week. Either way, it's winning the weekend.

Yeah, it definitely can do <30%, since there's so little competition. However, if you look at animated films more generally, Wreck-It Ralph is pretty rare even among original films. The only animated family film to drop less than 30% in the past few years is The Lego Movie. Most drop between 40-50%. I wouldn't expect it to drop so little. Sure, all these other films might have been facing more competition, but you can't avoid the fact that Wreck-It Ralph is an anomaly. How to Train Your Dragon, for instance, which was an original film that got amazing reception, dropped 33.7%.

I'm going with a 35% drop to $36.5m, though I might raise that weekend figure if the strong midweeks continue through Thursday.

• Like 1