Fancyarcher

Monday Actuals: Nolan - 5.2M, BH6 - 5.1M

It's a good comparison -- both films also have the divisive

sentimental, gloopy third act featuring convenient and benevolent Other Beings.

So Nolans T2 is yet to come? LAWD have mercy

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3

Third act in Close Encounters is great! But it's definitely love-it-or-hate-it.

I won't go off topic, but needless to say, I agree with your second sentence.

No. Legendary gets the money. Legendary is its own production company run by Thomas Tull. In the past Legendary would help finance WB's projects and now going forward they will help finance Universal's projects. 

The deal for Interstellar was done before Legendary decided to stop working with WB. For Interstellar, the budget and revenue breaks down like this:

Paramount - 50% cost, 100% domestic revenue

WB - 25% cost, 50% international revenue

Legendary - 25% cost, 50% international revenue

Wow, I didn't know all that. Thanks for the info; I just thought all of the Legendary stuff went to Universal now. :)

• Like 1

WB knows how to open a film. I'm pretty certain that Interstellar would have opened over 50m, probably near 55m with WB doing the marketing instead of Paramount. That said WB and Legendary pretty much broke even with the film OS already and will land a huge profit by the ewnd of its run. Nolan is still WB's golden boy, if he wants 150m for his next film, he will get it. Having said that I hope he picks a smaller project. 

• Like 3

It's a good comparison -- both films also have the divisive

sentimental, gloopy third act featuring convenient and benevolent Other Beings.

A good comparison indeed. I prefer The Abyss though... Characters feel so much more alive. And, Harris and the woman who's name I cannot spell trump everyone in Interstellar.

Not to mention, aliens buried deep beneath the sea still seems fresher to me even today than where IS goes.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3