Fancyarcher

Wednesday Actuals: Nolan - 3.4, BH6 - 1.8M

I don't know about all that. The actual running time of Interstellar isn't 3 hours, it's three hours when you add in the trailers and if it's 15/70 IMAX, there aren't any trailers.

Fucking Titanic is 3:15 BEFORE trailers! So for scheduling purposes you looking at about 3:30, which is where I'm pretty sure we had it for the rerelease a couple of years ago.

Plus, when you have a movie on multiple screens, not every screen gets the same amount of shows. You want a nice even spread across the day, so when you have it on 2-3 screens, one screen will almost always have 1 less showtime than the other two. Especially when you're dealing with log run times.

Yeah Titanic does kinda defeat the long run-time excuse for movies, doesn't it?     ....Not to mention a little movie called Gone with the Wind (almost 4 hours!).

• Like 2

Lol FMpro, you know we could take that reply multiply ways good buddy hee hee :P.. Were you on the IS for glorius 300-400+M lock domestically and 1B-2B WW?

The predictions were crazy..

Yeah I mean I remember when people were prediciting $200m to $700m dom and $600m to $3.5b WW! Just crazy craziness! When Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 come out it'll be $700-$1.5b Dom and $2b to $38b WW! James Cameron will probably be able to buy Apple!!

• Like 4

And Avatar

And TDK

And TDKR

And DMC

I don't think franchise sequels like Batman or Pirates really fit in the discussion. Those are pre-sold and don't rely anywhere near as much on WOM as original projects. Avatar had a phenomenal run despite its runtime. Cameron nailed the third act of that movie.

• Like 1

I don't think franchise sequels like Batman or Pirates really fit in the discussion. Those are pre-sold and don't rely anywhere near as much on WOM as original projects. Avatar had a phenomenal run despite its runtime. Cameron nailed the third act of that movie.

But then FOTR counts, doesn't it?

Meanwhile in South Korea...  :ph34r:

After 8 days of release, Interstellar has become the 2nd biggest November release of all time. It's holds this week have been remarkable, as has been the high presales (basically 90% of the total presold tickets belong to IS). It won't even need Saturday to overtake gravity in admissions, it will definitely fall sometime on Friday. I'd bet good money that IS will pass 2012 now. 

Local release cart, which opened today, was Interstellar's biggest obstacle this week. It has overcome it without losing hardly any screens.

I full expect Interstellar to pass 4.5 million admissions by the end of the week, maybe as much as 4.7-4.8 million. 

• Like 1

If Interstellar does incredibly well everywhere else and only does middling numbers domestically it just kind of proves American audiences won't see anything that isn't superheroes these days.

LOL no it does not mean that. :rolleyes:

• Like 3