grim22

Weekend Numbers (Nov 14-16) pg 39

IMO, people are allowed to voice their opinions.  We have free speech in North America.  You don't have to agree with him.  

Who said ANYTHING about him not being allowed to voice his opinion? 

He profits from homophobia, and distorting scientific texts to defend creationism. 

• Like 3

Who said ANYTHING about him not being allowed to voice his opinion? 

He profits from homophobia, and distorting scientific texts to defend creationism. 

So what if he defends creationism?  There are about 2 billion people in this world that do.  And I've not seen how he profits from homophobia.  Again, not defending him, just saying that not agreeing with gay marriage is not the same things as profiting from homophobia.  Now if you can find me something where he says that all homosexuals should be killed or hung or something, then I'll agree with you.  But having a differing opinion is still allowed.

So what if he defends creationism?  There are about 2 billion people in this world that do.  And I've not seen how he profits from homophobia.  Again, not defending him, just saying that not agreeing with gay marriage is not the same things as profiting from homophobia.  Now if you can find me something where he says that all homosexuals should be killed or hung or something, then I'll agree with you.  But having a differing opinion is still allowed.

Who said ANYTHING about him not being allowed? Stop spinning this. If he wants to defend creationism, let him, but he should have the fucking respect not to distort the facts about Darwin to meet his agenda. 

• Like 3

Baumer, you're misrepresenting what people are saying. No one has said his opinion isn't allowed or should be suppressed. Just as he's free to spout bigotry and anti-science idiocy, others are allowed to criticize him for it.

• Like 7

From what I've seen in interviews, Candace Cameron Bure actually seems like a pretty well-balanced person. Or at least she's not creepy or delusional about her views like her brother is.

yeah Candace Cameron seems a lot more normal  just from what I saw on Dancing with the Stars. She became a devout Christian a lot later than he did though. She was like in her twenties when she converted.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

I'm just checking in for the first time in awhile: why are we discussing creationism and Kirk Cameron in the weekend numbers thread?

If it pertains specifically to his movie, fine -- otherwise, this is a discussion that should be happening in Politics or The Real World. Let's get back on topic.

• Like 3

I'm just checking in for the first time in awhile: why are we discussing creationism and Kirk Cameron in the weekend numbers thread?

If it pertains specifically to his movie, fine -- otherwise, this is a discussion that should be happening in Politics or The Real World. Let's get back on topic.

Anytime he is in the public spotlight at all, his creepy personality inevitably comes up. lol

• Like 1

It depends if his views have an impact on the box office. Can someone post a video of Kirk Cameron. I'm on phone right so I can't look it up.
  • Like 1

I saw many more....just go back to this thread just before page 39.

I just looked and all I saw was a guy who said he hopes all three movies finish above $30m (hardly a Nolanite comment by the way) and then I saw another guy say he wasn't going to wish that it finish above $30m and he would rather see it with a good hold next week against Hunger Games.

• Like 2