Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Variety

Early Friday projections show Lionsgate’s “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1″ heading for an opening weekend of about $120 million in the U.S. — significantly lower than recent forecasts and over 20% below the first two “Hunger Games.”

However, international box office for the first part of the “Hunger Games” finale is up 5% to 10% above last year’s “Catching Fire” with $33 million in two days.

The U.S. opening day grosses for “Mockingjay,” according to early estimates, will likely reach $51 million, including $17 million from Thursday night showings, followed by about $41 million on Saturday and another $27 million on Sunday.

Should those numbers hold, the U.S. opening weekend for “Mockingjay” would finish far below 2012′s “The Hunger Games” with $152 million and last year’s “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” with $158 million. Box office trackers had expected “Mockingjay” to finish between $130 million and $150 million in the U.S.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

I'm new on this forum, would someone mind explaining why Rth's numbers are always so important? Everyone seems to ask for them in every thread :)

Also, I know people joked that GotG could beat Mockingjay, but this is... actually feasible, right?

• Like 2

I'm new on this forum, would someone mind explaining why Rth's numbers are always so important? Everyone seems to ask for them in every thread :)

Obviously, if you question the God that is Rth

:P

Edited by ban1o