Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

0 of the top 10 movies at the U.S. box office this year will be rated R.  Somewhat of an alarming trend, given how back in the 80s half of the movies in the top 10 every year would be rated R.  Worrisome if you are a moviegoer like me who wants the studios to make more adult level stories (Moneyball, Captain Phillips, Lincoln, etc.)  Yeah, I know those were not rated R, but they were aimed at the adult audience.

• Like 2

That's not true at all.  How do you know that the studio cares about the quality of the film?  All they want is the money that comes with it.  

Yep thats true, qualety is a nice extra for them, but they highly pref 150M profit on a movie then only 2M profit and an oscar.. 

It's human greed :)

• Like 1

OS is kicking ass no where near is it a freaking flop

Don't give me that bull about OW numbers it's doing good overseas

No way is this movie an overall flop

It's not even a DOM flop. Not even by far. People here like to overreact.

• Like 2

0 of the top 10 movies at the U.S. box office this year will be rated R.  Somewhat of an alarming trend, given how back in the 80s half of the movies in the top 10 every year would be rated R.  Worrisome if you are a moviegoer like me who wants the studios to make more adult level stories (Moneyball, Captain Phillips, Lincoln, etc.)  Yeah, I know those were not rated R, but they were aimed at the adult audience.

Well at least Gone Girl was a huge hit.

It does show that R rated adult movies can still be successful.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1