Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I'm really surprised -- not necessarily because LA didn't seem to track for that number, but other areas also seemed significantly down from CF.

I guess even though sellouts were way down, the shows were full enough to basically come out even.

Actually bigger admissions than Catching Fire when you account for the lack of IMAX this time around.

• Like 4

Wow! Is this officially??? I don't want to get my hopeS up if it isn't. I was expecting a bit over HG like 22/23ish. This is off to a great start!

HG-19.74M, CF-25.25M, MJI-25.2M, down from CF, but up from HG.

Edited by Neo
  • Like 1

Wow! I am actually really surprised and happy with that number! I asked in the MockingJay thread if 25M was possible, but then started to doubt it as the night started. I tried avoiding all those meltdowns however ;)

Is anyone else reporting this number? Would like some verification of it. Tele makes good points. They had similar show counts and CF had a lot more sellouts plus IMAX. How could they possibly have come out identical? Maybe Lionsgate imitating Paramount's fudge.

I don't see the point, as overall holds would significantly be worse and total as well. Legs would look horrible with any significant fudging on previews and on OW.  

Didn't expect this number at all considering sellout reports, lack of buzz, and lack of IMAX (this might have actually pulled larger attendance than CF).  Does anyone have a show/theater count breakdown for this and CF?