Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

Dug The Hunger Games a lot (Saw it twice theatrically), amazed at what a beat-for-beat retread Catching Fire was save for a few scenes including that great cliff-hanger ending (and overpraised as Hell) and frankly not in a rush to see Mockingjay Part I. Maaaaaybe home video.

Seeing MJP1 tonight. But, very much agree with what's bolded. Aside from the cool cliffhanger, one awesome setpiece and some good casting, I was pretty bored by it.

• Like 2

Never forget. How to bury a 250M tentpole release.

I think the template for tentpole marketing has pretty much been set by Marvel and WB in recent years. Show off one trailer early, then patience till 3 months before release, then go all out, 2 new trailers, TV spots, posters, newspaper ads, billboards etc. By the end, the audience is bombed by advertising.

• Like 2

It's posts like this that make me question the sanity of some posters.  Seriously.  Do some of you drop LSD before you log on here in the morning?

Sadly some mods can be included in this as well. It's getting rare to be able to have a civilized, thoughtful box office discussion here.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll see a repeat of Christmas 2011.  :unsure:

If we get any popcorn movie as entertaining as MI4, I'll be surprisingly pleased by this Christmas

All bets on Into the Woods being the surprisingly good movie

Oh.

I'd argue that I haven't seen much for BH6 actually, but I don't watch much TV or animated movies so... :P

I will say that Horrible Bosses 2 is getting pretty good marketing this month tho

I don't watch that much TV and never kid cartoons but I saw ads for during sports, news, and Comedy Central.
  • Like 1