Olive

Weekend Numbers THG: 123, BH6 20.1, IS 15.1 pg 205

I'm a little disappointed in MJ1's previews and all, but Emmanuel Sanders is back at practice fellas.

(I still see at 65M+ OD today).

I seriously doubt that. The first HG made 67M after 19.7M on midnight (only midnight, not early sneaks). I see it coming closer to 60M.

• Like 1

Just saw MJ1.

B-/C+

Some really good scenes, but far too bloated. Just...ugh. Not unexpected.

Lawrence, Moore, Banks, and Hutcherson (!) were all terrific. But as a story...god damn, this should have been one film.

I think the movie could have benefited way more by showing more of the war outside of D13. Really expanding on what the book missed. I wouldn't call what we got "bloated", just "weak".

• Like 1

If the fans of MockingJay didn't come out to see MockingJay, are they going to come out to see IS instead? Or maybe are we talking about casual moviegoers...

Casual moviegoers. 8 PM Thursday shows are easy to attend for the general audience if they choose. If this movie opens to around $138m instead of $158m, clearly it lost some of the general audience. That's a huge drop. Should benefit other movies that might have been completely overshadowed this weekend.

• Like 3

United States Trends

· Change

Pitch Perfect 2 trailer has caused quite the stir on the internets. It's been trending all night.

HOLY SHIT!!

A NEW HOWARD THE DUCK COMIC!!!!!!

• Like 1

United States Trends · Change

Pitch Perfect 2 is gonna be huge.

• Like 1

I knew this was going to be smaller than CF. It's the whole "Part 1" effect. It happened to Potter, Twilight, and now HG. It will also happen to Avengers when the time comes, even if the circumstances are a bit different.

Still a great number, and should do at least $140-150 million OW.

• Like 3

I knew this was going to be smaller than CF. It's the whole "Part 1" effect. It happened to Potter, Twilight, and now HG. It will also happen to Avengers when the time comes, even if the circumstances are a bit different.

Still a great number, and should do at least $140-150 million OW.

?