grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

I like the trailer. Seems fun. Easily look the best out of all the releases for next year March and April. 

And with Spielberg name attached, I can see it do pretty well. 200M or so. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

I like the trailer. Seems fun. Easily look the best out of all the releases for next year March and April. 

And with Spielberg name attached, I can see it do pretty well. 200M or so. 

This will do more on OW domestically than what The BFG did in total. I wouldn't be surprised if this is bigger than War of the Worlds.

• Like 2

Finally something to get hyped about! Great trailer, can't wait! it does look a bit more video-gamesy than I thought but great CGI overall.

I spotted a couple of interesting changes from the books as well so I'm really looking forward to his take on the material and what is changed.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Seriously the mid-March to mid-April slot doesn't have anything near this level in terms of tentpole

A Wrinkle of Time

Tomb Raider

Ready Player One

Pacific Rim Uprising

New Mutants 

Rampage

Compared to the last couple of years I would say weak indeed. 

Next year with Captain Marvel, Godzilla 2, Dumbo, Shazam and possibly the next Furious film the months will be stronger.

Edited by Heat Vision

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Finally something to get hyped about! Great trailer, can't wait! it does look a bit more video-gamesy than I thought but great CGI overall.

I spotted a couple of interesting changes from the books as well so I'm really looking forward to his take on the material and what is changed.

I wouldn't be surprised if

Pac-Man is replaced by the dancing scene that was in the trailer 

and I'll be very surprised if

the Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene is kept,

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The trailer debuted on the live stream and have to say the CGI looks amazing. They do seem to playing up the real world is crap aspect. Can't believe WB allowed them to reference a Marvel character and not a DC one.

Here's the trailer:

Looks fun, enjoyed it more than the teaser.

... and I think the reason they were referencing Marvel (Peter Parker & Bruce Banner) is that his name is Wade Watts and no real DC characters with that type of alliteration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

Looks fun, enjoyed it more than the teaser.

... and I think the reason they were referencing Marvel (Peter Parker & Bruce Banner) is that his name is Wade Watts and no real DC characters with that type of alliteration.

They could have used Clark Kent or Lois Lane but it's not a huge deal.