grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

5 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Spielberg has had a history of changing the original source material to film to some extent (Jaws, Jurassic Park), so it wouldn't surprise me at all, if that's the case with RPO. The book wasn't particularly well-received, and he probably took the main elements of the story, and then approached it a bit differently, or something. 

Eh, by what metrics exactly?

But yeah, I don't mind him changing stuff as long as it makes sense.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Eh, by what metrics exactly?

But yeah, I don't mind him changing stuff as long as it makes sense.

A lot of people didn't seem to care for the novel, but yeah it was pretty successful, otherwise Spielberg wouldn't be adapting it in the first place. They can change as much as they want from the novel, I just hope the film is pretty good.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

If there’s one thing I can get behind with the Twitter backlash is how awful the “parody poster” marketing that has occurred within the past year or so (Zootopia aside). Easily the worst thing in modern film marketing 

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

If there’s one thing I can get behind with the Twitter backlash is how awful the “parody poster” marketing that has occurred within the past year or so (Zootopia aside). Easily the worst thing in modern film marketing 

The Spongebob Sponge Out of Water parody posters were pretty funny.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Spielberg has had a history of changing the original source material to film to some extent (Jaws, Jurassic Park), so it wouldn't surprise me at all, if that's the case with RPO. The book wasn't particularly well-received, and he probably took the main elements of the story, and then approached it a bit differently, or something. 

I imagine RPO will one of the few times the film works better than the novel. Might even be better.

This shit has the visual look of a Final Fantasy cutscene from a 1996 Playstation, and the plot of like We Bought a Zoo or some shit. Why does almost everything coming out in 2018 look so awful? This year has more trailers that made me say NOPE than any year I can remember, and it's barely March.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

They should have swapped Rampage and RPO's release dates. Rampage should get the spring break slot, it has far more appeal. 

I’m pretty sure the law is you’re not allowed to dump a Spielberg movie, even the bombs like BFG

• Haha 1