grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

WB does have to kick into high gear marketing wise. I think they should release another last minute trailer.

If anyone knows how to kick marketing into high gear, it's Warner Bros. I imagine they need to get Tomb Raider out of the way first,

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Do we really want to see a nearly 80yo Indiana Jones/Harrison Ford on screen ?

:thinking:

One would imagine that the answer would be no, but I think I am in the minority when I felt that Force Awaken was really good until an old really depressing to see 77 year's old Han Solo still getting in youth trouble show up.

Regardless of what we think, world audience seem to have loved Force Awaken and is old Solo and an old professor should be easier to pull off.

Edited by Barnack

26 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

They haven't said but I reckon it's $140-160m. 

WB probably must be hoping it does more than $300m WW I imagine they want closer to $400-500m WW

Can it do much more than 250 os? I just assumed due to the 80s pop culture reference thing it's os will be limited.

Just now, a2knet said:

Can it do much more than 250 os? I just assumed due to the 80s pop culture reference thing it's os will be limited.

It had overwatch characters in the trailer, I think it's references are all of the last 40 years.

• Like 1

Gold tier Spielberg: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Schindler’s List, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Jaws, Close Encounters, The Last Crusade

Silver tier Spielberg: Lincoln,

The Post, Catch me if you can, The Color Purple, ET, Empire of the Sun, Minority Report, Bridge of Spies, The Sugarland Express, Temple of Doom

Bronze tier Spielberg: AI, The BFG, Duel, Munich, War Horse, Tintin, War of the Worlds, 1941

Also Ran Spielberg: Hook, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Amistad, The Lost World, The Terminal, Always, Twilight Zone: The Movie

it might be that time...

1. Raiders

2. Jaws

3. E.T.

4. A.I.

5. Bridge of Spies

6. War of the Worlds

7. Schindler's List

8. Close Encounters

9. Temple of Doom

10. Jurassic Park

11. Catch Me If You Can

12. Last Crusade

13. Minority Report

14. Lincoln

15. Munich

16. The Color Purple

17. Tintin

18. Saving Private Ryan

19. Sugarland Express

20. Empire of the Sun

21. Hook

22. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

23. The BFG

24. Amistad

25. 1941

26. The Terminal

27. The Post

28. Always

29. War Horse

30. The Lost World

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When I watched Catch Me If You Can for the first time in the theater felt it dragged in parts. Was a solid B/B- for me then. Later on have watched it a few times on TV.laptop without feeling that, and upgraded it to B+/A-. Part of the dissatisfaction was that even knowing it's based on true events felt tough to buy how someone could so effortlessly dupe the system. Wished Frank's forging skills had more focus vs just shown in passing.

3 minutes ago, slambros said:

1. Raiders

2. War Horse

3. War of the Worlds

(very-far-away-#4). Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Those are all the Spielberg movies I've seen in their entirety...

Well, that's alarming.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Well, that's alarming.

I really have to catch up on watching some Spielberg films... I've seen enough of Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Munich, and Amistad to know that all of those are at least good, but I'm still missing out...

1 minute ago, slambros said:

I really have to catch up on watching some Spielberg films... I've seen enough of Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic Park, Munich, and Amistad to know that all of those are at least good, but I'm still missing out...

tbh, just pick titles and start watching. You'll love some more than others but it's hard to find a genuinely total stinker in the bunch.

• Thanks 1

Screw it:

1. Jaws

2. Close Encounters

3. Raiders

4. A.I.

5. E.T.

6. Last Crusade

7. Catch Me If You Can

8. Schindler’s List

9. Munich

10. Lincoln

11. Bridge of Spies

12. Private Ryan

13. Jurassic Park

14. War of the Worlds

15. Temple of Doom

16. Empire of the Sun

17. Minority Report

18. The Sugarland Express

19. Tintin

20. Color Purple

21. 1941

22. Lost World

23. Amistad

24. BFG

25. Hook

26. Terminal

27. The Post

28. War Horse

29. Crystal Skull

30. Always

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck no I won't play this game. I'll just say there are probably only about 3 or 4 that I don't at the very least like. I find enough in most of them to push it over that edge into the overall positive territory which is quite amazing when you consider how many films he's made.

EDIT: oh yeah and he easily has more of my all-time favorites than any other filmmaker as well.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'd dump a ranking on you all but it's been so long since I've watched some of the Berg's that I don't feel particularly good about where I'm positioning these things.

JP number one tho.

JP is in my 10-15 range.  It's great fun but it's no where near Jaws, Raiders, Close Encounters, Schindler's List.   Then there's also SPR, Last Crusade, ET, Bridge Of Spies, Minority Report etc.

The duds though are easier to name -  JP2, Hook, Always, 1941, Terminal and yes... Temple of Doom (except for the great opening I easily rank it under Crystal Skull)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1