grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

mark rylance is in this shit too. kate capshaw should be getting suspicious 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mark-rylance-joining-steven-spielbergs-883447

Slightly disappointed with this since it was rumored that Spielberg was trying to get Gene Wilder out of retirement to play the reclusive creator of the OASIS. Well, Rylance is a good actor but not the most recognizable face when the reveal of the character comes.

I assume the role of James Halliday isnt a big role since Rylance is also doing Dunkirk around the same time but I think RPO is filming at Leavesden so it wouldn't be too hard for him to do his scenes in a short amount of time 

Edited by Jonwo

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I assume the role of James Halliday isnt a big role since Rylance is also doing Dunkirk around the same time but I think RPO is filming at Leavesden so it wouldn't be too hard for him to do his scenes in a short amount of time 

It is a small role, mainly flashbacks and newsreel footage in the book. 

• Like 1

https://www.talenthouse.com/i/create-a-3d-avatar-for-ready-player-one

Calling all artists and creators! Have you ever dreamt of seeing your work brought to life within a movie? Here is your chance to make that a reality.

Ready Player One is a tale of two worlds: the real one and the virtual one, a hyper-realistic utopia known as the OASIS. Based off the best-selling novel from Ernest Cline, the film adaptation will be directed by Steven Spielberg and is slated to begin production in Summer 2016. While real human actors are being cast, so are the virtual avatars. This is where you come in!

Digital artists from around the world are invited to create a 3D avatar for the chance to have it appear in the upcoming film.

• Like 3

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/silicon-valley-star-tj-miller-898858

Silicon Valley star T.J. Miller, last seen on the big-screen in Deadpool, has joined the cast ofReady Player One, Steven Spielberg’s adaptation of the sci-fi novel by Ernest Cline.

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow are behind the movie that is heading towards a late June start and has a cast that includes Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Simon Pegg, Ben Mendelsohn, and Mark Rylance.

Miller will play i-R0k, an annoying troller in the online forums of the game.