Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

UGH. That trailer really does look like a remake of Alien, except now it's an 80's slasher film complete with shower sex scene kills! This couldn't be more depressing. Prometheus was a fantastic blueprint of where Ridley needed to keep going with this franchise, he just needed to smooth out the rough edges in the script and character development this time. But no, now we take three giant steps backwards instead. Hope the trailer is at least a little misleading for what they're going for here, but it matches up with what's been said about it so I doubt it.

Alien was a slasher flick with some sci fi thrown in. This is just following the same blue print as that 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Alien was a slasher flick with some sci fi thrown in. This is just following the same blue print as that 

It was a suspense/thriller film far more than a slasher. This is Alien with 80% more blood and sex and 80% less tension and atmosphere. At least the trailer is. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

UGH. That trailer really does look like a remake of Alien, except now it's an 80's slasher film complete with shower sex scene kills! This couldn't be more depressing. Prometheus was a fantastic blueprint of where Ridley needed to keep going with this franchise, he just needed to smooth out the rough edges in the script and character development this time. But no, now we take three giant steps backwards instead. Hope the trailer is at least a little misleading for what they're going for here, but it matches up with what's been said about it so I doubt it.

Prometheus sucked.

A film where nothing happens for 80% of the movie until a ridiculous dwarf Space Jockey gets woken up and turns into Michael Myers.

God awful.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2016 at 4:39 AM, Grand Moff Tele said:

I hope no one harbors any doubts that Ridley Scott is in full overall creative charge of this. 

I think it looks fun.

As soon as I saw the penis-alien attacking the couple screwing in the shower I knew that this had Scott's fingerprints all over it. <_< Seriously, Scott's genital horror fixation and apparent revulsion with female sexuality will be the subject of doctoral theses some day, if not already. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Talkie said:

As soon as I saw the penis-alien attacking the couple screwing in the shower I knew that this had Scott's fingerprints all over it. <_< Seriously, Scott's genital horror fixation and apparent revulsion with female sexuality will be the subject of doctoral theses some day, if not already. 

What a vulgar way of describing that scene in the trailer.

tumblr_n11sq7Dr2f1swjg2mo3_500.gif

• Like 1

On 12/27/2016 at 4:24 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

If Prometheus had an Alien and not an Engineer everyone would have loved it probably. 

It did have that alien/hybrid creature, though. And the omnipresent penis cobra that was inexplicably called a "lovely lady" by one of those doomed assclowns. Not to mention another android (who somehow knew that it could implant an alien larva in a man who would instantaneously impregnate his lover with a pop-up hybrid baby), a woman who had a c-section, lost pints of blood and immediately jump out of the ship and outran a rolling (!) spaceship and an Engineer that got sexually assaulted by the hybrid at the end. Or something like that. :blink: :lol:

Prometheus is another guilty pleasure for me. At one point it kept repeating on cable and I would skip the first hour or so and tune in to watch from the point where the idiotic geologist decided to play with a hissing dick. Between watching them buy it and Theron get rolled over because she ran in a straight line, there has never been a big budget sci-fi film so chock full of stupidity. It's enjoyable if I need a good laugh but someone in that production should have known better than to shoot that script as it was. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Please, could you expand and/or justify this assertion?